• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lesson: Do not trust Ron.

A very silly comment. I do trust Ron and so should you. Without his unwavering, heroic efforts to make this club one to be proud of I can assure you we would now be a non league outfit. If you are a supporter of Southend United you should be very thankfull we have him.

A very silly comment. I do trust Ron and so should you. Without his unwavering, heroic efforts to make this club one to be proud of I can assure you we would now be a non league outfit. If you are a supporter of Southend United you should be very thankfull we have him.

This comment is like seeing a unicorn turn itself inside out.

A little bit of sick just came up in my mouth. :-/

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hi all,
about 3 years ago I brought( stupidly) some shares for Southend And it's new ground. I now want to sell them as I would rather a bit of cash. Does anyone actually know how I can get rid of them?

Of course you call sell them. First you have to find someone who wants to buy them ......

Surprised there are no takers after such an emotive and inspiring pitch.

:winking:

I'll start the bidding at a cheeky 9 British pence. That's my final offer but if it starts the ball rolling, you might end up in double figures.

They're worthless, as we all knew deep down when we bought them. It's basically just so you can say you own a (very, very!!!) small piece of the club.

They're worthless, as we all knew deep down when we bought them. It's basically just so you can say you own a (very, very!!!) small piece of the club.

We didn't know deep down. We were fully aware. Moreover the prospectus told us so.

New Stadium shares !
Are we getting a new stadium then ?
First I've heard of it..................

I bought in to help save the club. I was fully aware that the only value they held was a priority on ticket sales. Since then lottery ticket holders have overtaken shareholders and even the minuscule reward for parting with a 4 figure sum to save the day has been removed

I bought in to help save the club. I was fully aware that the only value they held was a priority on ticket sales. Since then lottery ticket holders have overtaken shareholders and even the minuscule reward for parting with a 4 figure sum to save the day has been removed

I thought shareholders were in the first pick of tickets for big games with season ticket holders?

I personally thought it was a bit to generous seeing as you could have bought one share for £30 and then had lifetime priority privileges for very little outlay.

The last game with limited tickets only offered priority for seasos and lottery holders. I did query if the shareholders still had priority on the Facebook posting announcing the ticket sales for Wimbledon away, but was ignored.

I thought shareholders were in the first pick of tickets for big games with season ticket holders?

I personally thought it was a bit to generous seeing as you could have bought one share for £30 and then had lifetime priority privileges for very little outlay.
I could be wrong but I was sure there was a minimum amount ,that meant a minimum investment of several hundred pounds

united we stand said:
I could be wrong but I was sure there was a minimum amount ,that meant a minimum investment of several hundred pounds
I think it was £120 from memory. I bought some at the time, and understood that I would never see the money again. However, the priority for big match tickets was a nice touch, and guaranteed me 2 tickets for both games against Chelsea.

Back