• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimp1

Hi all,
about 3 years ago I brought( stupidly) some shares for Southend And it's new ground. I now want to sell them as I would rather a bit of cash. I rang the club asking how I could do this and they was ridiculously unhelpful.
Does anyone actually know how I can get rid of them?

Also didn't mean for it to come up as the subject breaking news! Apologies!

You can't, you are stuck with them, me and a mate also brought them a few years ago but just to help the club out really, they are worth no more than the paper they come on:stunned:

Really there is no way of selling then what so ever? Very stupid way of having shares, but doesn't surprise me with this club at the moment, gutted wanted rid of them!

Three years ago? :stunned: It was a lot longer ago than that wasn't it? Worthless, absolutely worthless.

They werent ever intended as an investment.

What would you realistically expect to get for them bearing in mind its for a company thats pretty much insolvent?

Really there is no way of selling then what so ever? Very stupid way of having shares, but doesn't surprise me with this club at the moment, gutted wanted rid of them!

Of course you call sell them. First you have to find someone who wants to buy them ...... herein lies the problem; they have no real intrinsic value.

Well this seems to be an expensive lesson learnt then :thumbdown:

You can attend the (Bi)AGM, which tends to have a sausage roll buffet at the end of it. Take your sausage roll and sell it on as a dividend. You will have your money back by 2343

I have some too! How did the advice run? "Investments can go down in value as well as up".
I live in hope that we draw Arsenal or ManUre in FA Cup away and ticket allocation goes to share holders as happened with Chelski. Slim pickings for sure.

We all knew at the time the shares weren't intended as a money making investment, they certainly weren't sold as such. They were simply a chance to own part of the club and to give the club a nice financial boost. (Prior to us finding out just how screwed we were financially funnily enough).

I thought they gave you first dibs on season ticket seats at the new ground.... Not that that will have much value in div 4

Oh you capitalists make me laugh!!!

You can sell them if they are listed on the Stock Exchange, you'll probably need a broker who will no doubt charge you more than you will make.

I thought they gave you first dibs on season ticket seats at the new ground.... Not that that will have much value in div 4

More importantly they give you life long priority tickets even if you dont have a season ticket.

Back