• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Stadium update

Safe standing area is a nice change.

The capacity going down a bit is unlikely to matter any time soon you'd think, 17k is still a lot!

I just hope we're not stuck without the 4th stand for too long.

Reducing the capacity makes sense, especially if their is going to be room to expand at a later date. I quite like the “kop stand” idea as well, there is something a full, single tiered stand that just creates the atmosphere within the ground.

All in all though, I’ll be even happier once the work finally begins.. until then, it’s nothing that we haven’t heard before over the years.

Intriguing - it works for me as I always thought the capacity was too big previously (can you imagine even 6000 fans rattling around in a 22,000 stadium?). I was also concerned about the lack of commercial space in phase 1 and failed to see on the existing plans where we were going to get any income from. Love that safe standing is incorporated too.

HOWEVER, it just slows it all down again!

Interesting. The overall size has been reduced, and a safe standing “Kop end” sounds intriguing.

Thoughts?
It makes sense. Arguably 21,000 was a bit too big, although I hope they have fitted in some space for future expansion.

They've definitely listened to the fears of fans re. commercial. As many said, all well and good building 3 sides first but how will the club be self-sufficient or generating non-matchday income if all the ancillary money-making facilities were planned to be part of a 4th side with an undetermined build date?

This should be a positive and exciting update, but unfortunately they've sucked the joy out of the whole thing for me and I still can't see it ever happening.

It makes sense. Arguably 21,000 was a bit too big, although I hope they have fitted in some space for future expansion.

They've definitely listened to the fears of fans re. commercial. As many said, all well and good building 3 sides first but how will the club be self-sufficient or generating non-matchday income if all the ancillary money-making facilities were planned to be part of a 4th side with an undetermined build date?

This should be a positive and exciting update, but unfortunately they've sucked the joy out of the whole thing for me and I still can't see it ever happening.
you actually think, he (they ) have listened to you? hahah... deary me. I thought you had a bit of credibility about you

Back