• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Stadium update

We can all pile round at 2.30pm every other Saturday once we have got through his turnstiles his wife can make all 7000 of us a cuppa.
I think that is rather sexist. Why should it be his wife who has to make the tea.

I suggest you delete your post before any of the Zone grown ups see it.

I think that is rather sexist. Why should it be his wife who has to make the tea.

I suggest you delete your post before any of the Zone grown ups see it.
But if he is working the turnstiles his wife can sell the tea.

But if he is working the turnstiles his wife can sell the tea.
Okey dokey. I hadn't realised they were turning this into a business venture.

In that case, everything is cool. Just so long as they remember to correctly declare the profit on the tea sales to Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs. We don't want anyone else ending up in the same state as Ron.

Okey dokey. I hadn't realised they were turning this into a business venture.

In that case, everything is cool. Just so long as they remember to correctly declare the profit on the tea sales to Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs. We don't want anyone else ending up in the same state as Ron.

Ron must make sure that he doesn't over tax himself!

For me although it’s still come on get a spade in the ground!! I’m encouraged by the proposed changes and I’m sure that has much to do with Tom n Stan but just my thoughts

I feel they’ve looked at it and thought short medium long term. If we can get commercial return that at least meets or exceeds our playing budget in the short to medium it allows us to push forward.

I also really like the kop safe standing proposal as it feels like they have really listened to the old north bank contingent. Stan loved the north bank and I hope and feel this has been driven by him.

All in all very positive changes and I can’t wait

For me although it’s still come on get a spade in the ground!! I’m encouraged by the proposed changes and I’m sure that has much to do with Tom n Stan but just my thoughts

I feel they’ve looked at it and thought short medium long term. If we can get commercial return that at least meets or exceeds our playing budget in the short to medium it allows us to push forward.

I also really like the kop safe standing proposal as it feels like they have really listened to the old north bank contingent. Stan loved the north bank and I hope and feel this has been driven by him.

All in all very positive changes and I can’t wait
I feel like they have listened too, the amount of times they've heard, seen, read people say 'why would we need a 22,000 seated stadium', etc etc, its just feels like they have taken that into account and made changes that make sense (people still moan of course).

And the best part about it is that they count as revisions, they already have full planning permission so hopefully this should be a short process of submitting the changes and pushing ahead with the build, and hopefully meet they goals they have set for when they want to start playing in the stadium.

Positive changes.

You can be fairly safe assuming the reasons for the changes are not people listening to views, rather the financial implications of doing so, whether it be reduced costs or increased revenue (or both)

More changes meaning more delays, before we rinse and repeat for the next 30 years
Disagree with this view but your entitled to it

Reactions: JAL
You can be fairly safe assuming the reasons for the changes are not people listening to views, rather the financial implications of doing so, whether it be reduced costs or increased revenue (or both)

More changes meaning more delays, before we rinse and repeat for the next 30 years
A short while ago ShrimperZone presented a survey (superbly drawn together by @Crawliano) to the Club which was well received. One of the main thrusts in the survey was for safe standing which has now appeared as an addition to the Stadium plans.

Co-incidence or listening to supporters? We will all draw our own conclusions I guess.

You're always confused mate, (Hong Kong thing maybe?) so nothing new there.:Winking:
I’ve been confused for a long, long time, when talk of a new stadium first started way back when. I’ve been more confused because since the ground was sold of in the late 90s the news was we were going to get a new stadium. I was less confused after realising we were going to build an exciting new one and it would be called Fossetts Farm ooooooh maybe around 20 years back.

I’m now confused because every time I come back we’re still playing at Roots Hall. Maybe I’m stuck in a time warp? Hang on a sec what’s happening……….

Altogether now!

it's just a plan to the left
And then a plan to the right
Put your hands on your head
Not a shovel in sight

But it's the yes, no, maybe
That really drives you insane
Let's do the Time Warp again

I’ve been confused for a long, long time, when talk of a new stadium first started way back when. I’ve been more confused because since the ground was sold of in the late 90s the news was we were going to get a new stadium. I was less confused after realising we were going to build an exciting new one and it would be called Fossetts Farm ooooooh maybe around 20 years back.

I’m now confused because every time I come back we’re still playing at Roots Hall. Maybe I’m stuck in a time warp? Hang on a sec what’s happening……….

Altogether now!

it's just a plan to the left
And then a plan to the right
Put your hands on your head
Not a shovel in sight

But it's the yes, no, maybe
That really drives you insane
1655623912525.png

Just finished a run at the Cliffs Pavilion. No, we didn't go!

Notable quotes:

“The conversations with Southend United are positive and it’s all full steam ahead from the council’s point of view.

“The deal for funding with Homes England is still very much on the table.”

Notable quotes:

“The conversations with Southend United are positive and it’s all full steam ahead from the council’s point of view.

I like the bit where it says " it's sparked celebrations amongst fans" I don't remember to many southend fans cracking open a bottle champagne. Anyway what is there to celebrate!

Looks to me it's lazy journalism. Probably a guy looking to make a name for himself trying to get views.

I like the bit where it says " it's sparked celebrations amongst fans" I don't remember to many southend fans cracking open a bottle champagne. Anyway what is there to celebrate!

Looks to me it's lazy journalism. Probably a guy looking to make a name for himself trying to get views.

We had a street party a few weeks back. Someone even put up pictures of the Queen.

Notable quotes:

So it's not been agreed yet?

So it's not been agreed yet?
If that is how you read it, you could also read it as the deal already in place, I doubt they would give too much details out regarding that aspect of things.

Back