• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Stadium update

There is no way it could be built in 15 months
Yes, there is. Even boiling it down to an estimate against a similar benchmark I've worked on - Keepmoat Stadium.
The 15k stadium, adjacent athletics facility and 500 seater grandstand, multiple levels of fit-out (including a gym) and significant landscaping took around 14 months.
The only stadia which will take more than 12 months to substantially complete are behemoths such as Spurs or Wembley.
I've got more examples than I could possibly quote on here from my 16 years and counting in the industry. Happy to share if you are that bored.
For me, the biggest headache at FF is still the scale of ground prep required to even get started.

I wonder why the Echo report was written by Matthew Critchell who is the Echo's "Crime and Courts Reporter"?
I don't find this too surprising.

Ron's various court appearances seem to be reported on by someone from the fashion section.

The reports tend to focus on what everyone was wearing rather than what was said or done..

Yes, there is. Even boiling it down to an estimate against a similar benchmark I've worked on - Keepmoat Stadium.
The 15k stadium, adjacent athletics facility and 500 seater grandstand, multiple levels of fit-out (including a gym) and significant landscaping took around 14 months.
The only stadia which will take more than 12 months to substantially complete are behemoths such as Spurs or Wembley.
I've got more examples than I could possibly quote on here from my 16 years and counting in the industry. Happy to share if you are that bored.
For me, the biggest headache at FF is still the scale of ground prep required to even get started.
Ah but your talking about normal clubs, this is sufc 🙃. Are you involved in anyway sherrif h? You seem like exactly the type of guy that should be!

Roots Hall was sold for housing in about 1998. We’ve been leasing it ever since.
True, and it appears most supporters that call for Ron to sell don't understand that there is almost nothing for a buyer to purchase except name and players contracts, everything else is siphoned off and assets sold years ago.
And, without getting political, there are numerous examples of big, small companies and public bodies doing the same over last 30 years.
Just look at Rochford, Stambridge, Wakering, Hadleigh and Benfleet Police Statons, all just gone unrecoverable disappeared public buildings sold for a song.

I'm suprised you don't apply for a PR job with one of the Chairman's dwindling number of companies (unless of course you already have). :Winking:

Nah, I’d rather be paid on time.

Now if someone can pay me to fact check your posts - I’d probably require an assistant or two with the amount that would need to be corrected.

This point exactly, plus is the stadium feasible to be built in that time scale with all the flats and other commercial areas attached to it, plus the training facilities?

Its 25 months until the start of the 24/25 season. Spades will have to be in the ground within 6-9 month's surely?

This point exactly, plus is the stadium feasible to be built in that time scale with all the flats and other commercial areas attached to it, plus the training facilities?

Its 25 months until the start of the 24/25 season. Spades will have to be in the ground within 6-9 month's surely?
My understanding (and to be honest, I haven't really bothered to delve too deep as I've kind of lost the will to live trying to follow the various nuances of our ever-evolving development deal) is that the enabling developments don't necessarily have to be started before the stadium works commence.
I'm also assuming that the full breadth of site prep has been defined and can be commenced prior to the quoted date (e.g. utility redirections, ecological/arboricultural measures etc...)

Roots Hall was sold for housing in about 1998. We’ve been leasing it ever since.
True, and it appears most supporters that call for Ron to sell don't understand that there is almost nothing for a buyer to purchase except name and players contracts, everything else is siphoned off and assets sold years ago.
And, without getting political, there are numerous examples of big, small companies and public bodies doing the same over last 30 years.
Just look at Rochford, Stambridge, Wakering, Hadleigh and Benfleet Police Statons, all just gone unrecoverable disappeared public buildings sold for a song.
I am one of the people you refer to that wants him to sell up but I need to clarify that point.
My reasoning is purely focused on making good business decisions and there is no animosity towards Ron intended.
Question - What does Ron sell and to whom does he sell it ?
Answer - He sells all his property ( Roots Hall/Fossetts Farm ) to the party who will pay him the most money for it . This might be Homes England or it could be one of the big national house builders.
Question - So what does Ron do about the football club then?
Answer - He gives it away to anyone who will take it off his hands because as you rightly say Massimo it is not really worth anything because there is little by way of assets . This might seem silly and unrealistic to some people but it is an excellent business decision . The club is draining him of money and he needs to put an end to it as soon as possible .
He has his planning permissions in place so the club is now just a liability to him.

Back