• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Stadium - Will it happen?

New Stadium - Will it happen?

• Yes

Votes: 63 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 36.4%

• Total voters

Shrimp Curry

Youth Team
Despite Ron Martins comments about the echo wrongly saying the new stadium has been 'delayed' there is no doubt that it is proving difficult to get the funding and construction seems to be a long way off. A lot of fans I speak to remain sceptical and the most common phrase about the new ground seems to be "I'll believe it when I see it". So the question is, do YOU think the new stadium will happen? Simple yes or no

I really couldn't tell...

How would it fair, capacity wise, compared to other championship clubs?

the hardest bit is already complete IMO. That is the political aspects - planning, opposition etc. Now it is purely economic. Not to say that that isn't tricky, especially at the moment, but at least it isn't in the hands of politicians or numptys any more - which makes me confident that it WILL happen. We might have to wait a year or two for this recessionary cycle to end, but that is relatively small fry compared to how far we've come.

I know we're all itching to get in the new stadium, but I really believe that all we need is a little more patience and we'll get there :-)

re staduim

Despite Ron Martins comments about the echo wrongly saying the new stadium has been 'delayed' there is no doubt that it is proving difficult to get the funding and construction seems to be a long way off. A lot of fans I speak to remain sceptical and the most common phrase about the new ground seems to be "I'll believe it when I see it". So the question is, do YOU think the new stadium will happen? Simple yes or no

We need the monnies from roots hall to start the stadium i recon which we have to be out in 2010 i herd. We will have to ground share to till it is built.It will happen .

the hardest bit is already complete IMO. That is the political aspects - planning, opposition etc. Now it is purely economic. Not to say that that isn't tricky, especially at the moment, but at least it isn't in the hands of politicians or numptys any more - which makes me confident that it WILL happen. We might have to wait a year or two for this recessionary cycle to end, but that is relatively small fry compared to how far we've come.

I know we're all itching to get in the new stadium, but I really believe that all we need is a little more patience and we'll get there :-)

agreed now just the easy part of 80 million big ones

If I was Ron Martin and I stood to personally make a lot of money from the development , I would fight with everything I had to get it done and make it happen primarily for myself and secondarily for the club.

Americas banks have been asked and turn us down.100% true.

That wont matter a jot ! If a finance provider thinks they can get a good return out of financing the stadium then being asked not to provide the funds wont stop them !!!

Americas banks have been asked and turn us down.100% true.

Let's give this some thought. Possible's

1] Conflict of Interests.

2] Diversity of Interests.

3] Financial Status.

4] Conditions considered onerous or unusual by RM.

5] Conditions considered onerous or unusual by Finance House.

Multiple less tenous reasons, any other suggestions by others ?

Maybe The Sheriff can indicate what building costs might now
be anticupated, in light of changed climate.

There are several possible impacts of the current recessionary cycle which could impact on the overall cost, not all negative. For example:

1) Lending costs could be higher - banks have less money to lend, and what is lent may be at a higher rate of interest

2) The business case detailing the repayment schedule will need to be especially solid to tempt a bank into lending

3) However, the lack of building contracts available in these conditions strengthens Ron's hand when negotiating with suppliers - architects, construction companies etc. This could actually bring the stadium cost down overall. I dont really know enough to give a view on this, but basic economics of supply and demand means that Ron's negotiating hand is strengthened if those suppliers really need the business - they may even help secure the finance just to get the project going. This is all hypothetical and supposition of course. The good news here is that Ron's business is construction and development - so if there are benefits to be gained in the current climate I'm sure he'll be tuned in to them.

I think that within the next 20 years there will be a new stadium but not this one. It's going to cost too much for us to cover it and then only fill it up for the big cup games.

Let's give this some thought. Possible's

1] Conflict of Interests.

2] Diversity of Interests.

3] Financial Status.

4] Conditions considered onerous or unusual by RM.

5] Conditions considered onerous or unusual by Finance House.

Multiple less tenous reasons, any other suggestions by others ?

Probably as simple as

6] Credit crunch?!

FWIW, the amount of money and time Ron has spent getting us to where we are, there’ll definitely be a stadium. We might just have to wait for it.
Imagine all those design fees, legal fees, agent’s fees in pre-letting the retail ……did Ron say in his recent blog the Government inquiry alone cost £900k?
There’s no way he’ll write that lot off!

Back