• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFCFANS

Coach
Sorry to bring this one up in happier times, however I have a question regarding our new stadium. More to the point I have a question regarding our 3 sided stadium..

I assume the the main stand (aka the 4th) stand would have housed the exec boxes, conference facility, changing rooms ect. If this isn't built where on earth will the majority of match day revenue come from? We would be left with less than what we currently have at RH wouldn't we??

No idea, I'm sure someone more knowledgable can tell you if it's more profitable. We are supposed to build a 4th stand at a later date, although how much later remains to be seen. I think we have to move though because otherwise Sainsbury will be asking for their £5m back (it might be 7 now I'm not sure)

I thought the fourth stand was actually being held off as it will form\integrate with part of a building of which we haven't found a buyer yet??? I heard that in the plans, the building is ideal for a hotel chain.

Sorry to bring this one up in happier times, however I have a question regarding our new stadium. More to the point I have a question regarding our 3 sided stadium..

I assume the the main stand (aka the 4th) stand would have housed the exec boxes, conference facility, changing rooms ect. If this isn't built where on earth will the majority of match day revenue come from? We would be left with less than what we currently have at RH wouldn't we??

As TSNB said, it's all premature. But yeah you're right. However the timeline that went out with the tender a few months back had the final stand opening just a month or two after the other three. The development was split for funding - Sainsburys are funding the main stand but aren't interested in paying for the expensive fourth stand which contains the hotel/conferencing facilities which they won't profit from.

does anyone have a copy of the tender doc - or know the builder has been confirmed?

does anyone have a copy of the tender doc - or know the builder has been confirmed?

The Builder has yet to be confirmed and i assume this will come into the open after the council meet this week to extend the building program which is covered on another part of this fourm under Fosset Farm

If the new 3 sided ground ever gets built I would imagine there would be temporary executive boxes on the side where the main stand would have been, probably 'posh' portacabins. They will need temporary offices etc as well as the way the other 3 sides have been designed there wont be hardly any space under these stands.

I'm still can't think of any club that has built a new ground recently, not building a main stand as the first phase of the development.

No idea, I'm sure someone more knowledgable can tell you if it's more profitable. We are supposed to build a 4th stand at a later date, although how much later remains to be seen. I think we have to move though because otherwise Sainsbury will be asking for their £5m back (it might be 7 now I'm not sure)

At least £7 million at my last count.

Ron Martin got into my carriage on the Central Line this afternoon, sadly I wasn't close enough to make my way across to speak to him and he was by the doors and made a quick getaway at Liverpool Street otherwise I would have asked him!

Back