• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New ground will it happen?

• Yes

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • No

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • If I win the Euro lotto ill pay for it!!

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters

cambridge_branch

Youth Team
As long as I can remember Southend United where planning a new stadium ?
It would be good for the town as well as SUFC more jobs for local people more fans to the ground
but is it going to happen I would love to see it happen. I was a bit worried when I heard it may only have three sides or it could be like MK stadium

What are your thoughts I have a poll . Please no bad or negative comments just your thoughts please

Kind Regards

Cambridge_branch

Its been done over and over Cambridge

I think everyone is just about sick to death of hearing about RonWorld

i had a chuckle last night reading red card roy last night. When he joined southend again in the late 80s vic jobson was very bullish about a brand new 25000 all seater stadium being built.

If the council there had any pride in the Football team ,they would help make it happen,I dont know a lot about Ron Martin so i cannot comment on him. But talk of a new Stadium as been going on ever since i was a young kid climbing over the wall into the toilets on a Saturday arvo back in the 50s to stand behind the goal to watch Southend play.Dont think it will happen in my life time , I think it would take all of the people in Southend to rise up and show the Council and others how important it is to the town of Southend.

If the council there had any pride in the Football team ,they would help make it happen,I dont know a lot about Ron Martin so i cannot comment on him. But talk of a new Stadium as been going on ever since i was a young kid climbing over the wall into the toilets on a Saturday arvo back in the 50s to stand behind the goal to watch Southend play.Dont think it will happen in my life time , I think it would take all of the people in Southend to rise up and show the Council and others how important it is to the town of Southend.

Back in the 50's Roots Hall was a new stadium.:smiles:

They have helped it happen, they agreed the plans.

The football club is a private business used by 5,000 people every two weeks, I think they would find it hard to justify to the hundreds of thousands of other Southend residents why they were financing a private developement with their taxes, even if they had the money to do so which they certainly dont.

I am now seriously beginning to wonder if it will ever happen. I don't think I can recall any official news coming out of the club regarding the new stadium so far this year. Its as if its been completely forgotten about. I think if nothing else the club owes the fans some sort of update, the silence is incredibly frustrating.

Back