• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Training Ground Tour.

Great that there is so much interest in the training ground which in my humble opinion is fantastic. Be interesting to know what the management team think. I'm old enough to remember when the team trained at Priory Park and Dave Smith took the team up to Hockley woods for some cross country. Pity the club will have to wait for the gym etc but hopefully that won't be too long in the future.

Just 20 places each on two dates… probably snapped up in seconds! Might be a nice little earner for the club if they could open up a few more dates
Tickets were free weren't they?

Probably should charge a couple of quid or fiver or something. Risk with free tickets is that if its abit cold or drizzly people may not turn up

With only 20 places up for grabs it was always going to be a lottery on now fast they would go.
Fair dos that the club aren't profiteering from the fans

Great that there is so much interest in the training ground which in my humble opinion is fantastic. Be interesting to know what the management team think. I'm old enough to remember when the team trained at Priory Park and Dave Smith took the team up to Hockley woods for some cross country. Pity the club will have to wait for the gym etc but hopefully that won't be too long in the future.
e to i rember watchng the team carrying bags of footballs across he road into priory park and watched them train on the rugby pitches .

e to i rember watchng the team carrying bags of footballs across he road into priory park and watched them train on the rugby pitches .
Used to work at Echo ,used to b able to watch them from the drawing office window !😜😜😜😜

If the club want around 5,000 to visit the Training Ground Tour at 20 per weekend visit, it will take 300 weeks or 5,75 years.

Hopefully the new Training Ground will be completed by then.

I'd prefer a Stadium Tour.

Bobby Moore was doing those in about 1984. There is a photo somewhere if you missed out at the time.

There have been others, my last one was in the blues lounge about 7 years ago.

Back