• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New tv deal with virgin media

Lets just hope the same thing dont happen to Virgin Media as they did with ITV Digital.

Nevertheless, it will be good for the clubs though. Need as much cash as we can get.

Lets just hope the same thing dont happen to Virgin Media as they did with ITV Digital.

I wouldn't be suprised if Virgin did go under sadly, they are loseing customers on a daily basis due to the on going arguement with SKY, plus havn't they said that an american wants to buy them over, would that have any impact on the deal? Hopefully i am wrong about all off this as a cash injection is needed for the lower league clubs i feel.

:)

I wouldn't be suprised if Virgin did go under sadly, they are loseing customers on a daily basis due to the on going arguement with SKY, plus havn't they said that an american wants to buy them over, would that have any impact on the deal? Hopefully i am wrong about all off this as a cash injection is needed for the lower league clubs i feel.

:)

Virgin are probably going to be bought by a private equity company. Doubt it will effect this deal and I doubt they're going bust in the next couple of years. Since there are no live matches in the deal it probably isn't for a huge sum of cash.

Nevertheless, it will be good for the clubs though. Need as much cash as we can get.

I think Sky still have all the live matches and their own highlights, which is good.

Dont worry too much about Virgin Media going bust. Although on the consumer side there is a drop in new subs and existing subs are leaving, NTL Telewest Business and Networks are going from strength to strength. Its never been so busy !! This deal should be a good one.........but dont quote me on that.

Sorry to say this is not TV rights but rights to showing footage over the internet and mobile phone networks, which I presume Sky has not paid for. So I guess anyone with a Virgin phone or Broadband from Virgin will benefit. Well that is me covered. :D

Also dont read to much in to the Murdoch sponsored press reports about the thousands of customers leaving Virgin just because they cant get Sky One( A murdoch TV empire).

Back