• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New tv progs to watch

Watching season 1 and 2 of true blood at the mo and really loving it,also finished lie to me a while back and liked that also.Nurse Jackie was ok but not great,struggled with the wire as wife doesnt really like it.
Are there any other new/newish tv shows we should try out?Remeber downloading is not a crime in france so anything can be tried at least once.

Just getting towards the end of Season 7 of The West Wing. Best TV series I've ever watched, bar none.

:clap:

Totally agree. I'm still watching band of brothers on episode 9 now. Also started watching We are Klang last week which i thought was good.

The Wire, Generation Kill, Band of Brothers (all HBO!). As Matt says The West Wing is superb too

Totally agree. I'm still watching band of brothers on episode 9 now. Also started watching We are Klang last week which i thought was good.

Jeez, I thought it was so bad I turned it off. Sounded like it had a laughter track over it despite being recorded live?

Watch a series called 'Underbelly' you won't regret it.

Based on real life events in Australia's organised crime world it is absolute quality.

Only just discovered The West Wing. It's awesome, but don't watch it before bed. It leaves your brains buzzing for ages after every episode.

For West Wing watchers, I can heartily recommend 'Studio 60', the cruelly truncated Sorkin follow-up.

30 Rock is the best comedy series I've seen in ages, and you can get the first series of that on Amazon for less than a tenner.

Also essential viewing if you missed it was 'Madmen', an Advertising agency in New York 1960.

Truly awesome show.

The West Wing is superb, although I think the Wire may be even better. If we are counting the West Wing as new, can I also include Yes, Minister?

Other American imports I've enjoyed recently include House and Dexter. Oh and another vote for 30rock, wish I'd got into that sooner.

We Are Klang looked mind-staggeringly ****, possibly the ****test thing on TV since Che Wilson's appearance at the LDV final.

Mitchell and Webb has been the best recent comedy series IMHO. I also enjoyed Pyschoville, but don't imagine that is to everyone's tastes (from two of the blokes who did League of Gentleman).

Got the first series on DVD, but have been so consumed with the West Wing that it's still in the polythene.

No rush. It's all set in the late 50s/early 60s so it's not going to get dated.

I don't much like following more than one show at a time, hence why my Sopranos DVDs are on the back burner whilst I get through The Wire (just finished Season 3 of that, marvellous stuff).

For West Wing watchers, I can heartily recommend 'Studio 60', the cruelly truncated Sorkin follow-up.

Exactly, it was superb. Trust thick US TV execs to not get the irony in that show and cancel it before it had time to grow. It definitely had the potential to be bigger than TWW. I think Sorkin basically just went hell for leather after being told there would be no 2nd season, the episode where Allison Janney guest stars and reignites her on-screen chemistry with Timothy Busfield is immense!

Back