• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Due to the current drummer getting a bit old and clearly lacking rythym, a vacancy has arisen for a new RH drummer. You must be capable of playing the bass drum with rythym and not just banging ten barrells of **** out of it. Someone preferably with pro experience would be ideal.

The role involves 90 minutes of sweat generating playing and you must be capable of playing to this sort of level...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-BRee2bAho&feature=related

The role also involves arriving early at RH to pick up the drum from a store cupboard. Putting up with abuse from certain members of the support and generally looking like a ****, in the hope it will inspire a large number of supporters from their slumber. All in the name of a better RH atmosphere. Also more often that not, you will be the last person out of the ground, as of course you have to put the drum back once the vociferous hoardes have cleared.

Maybe for the last home game of the season, we can get some interested drummers together, each get's 10 minutes to get the atmosphere going.

Then we can have a vote on here on who the best was?

Winner takes the sticks for next season?

Will we get enough people to fill nine 10 minute slots though? There seems to be plenty on here, that like to have a pop at TBV and/or the incumbents involved. So let's see you step up to the plate (or drum)....

Don't all rush at once though. Please form an orderly queue at the front of W Block vs Burton 30th April at 2:30pm.

Oh and one final thing. I believe the current incumbent on the drum really does not want to be doing it. He is getting too old and is only doing it as no other is volunteering. Someone save him and RH from this terrible noise. Please....

Last edited:
Lets just drop the drum and have some old fashoined chanting so my ears are not damaged any more than they are!!

Agreed.

Let's try this tomorrow then.

Can't wait to see all these people willing to start a chant off around the ground (outside of W Block)

Will be interesting to hear...

Let's see a bit of life from V, U, T, S etc. There was one bloke a couple of games back who stood up in amongst the dead and got a chant going. This is what we need. Fella if your on here, same again.

Last edited:
Your banging skills according to your Mrs was the bet you made with her that you would last 5 mins for £100......so far you owe her 10k.

5 mins,thats impossible,what do you think i'am some kind of a sex machine,i'm touching 40 you know.

Top effort these last few sweasons Lee, youve made a positive difference.
Looking forward to trying something new tomorrow though, hope some others can join us with the vocals!

UTB

Agreed.

Let's try this tomorrow then.

Can't wait to see all these people willing to start a chant off around the ground (outside of W Block)

Will be interesting to hear...

Let's see a bit of life from V, U, T, S etc. There was one bloke a couple of games back who stood up in amongst the dead and got a chant going. This is what we need. Fella if your on here, same again.

That is the old man of mine (bit mad), we try our best sitting within and around the dead to get it going around us, it works on the occassion, but it usually is unsuccessful, that is why you occasionally see me standing in block V because I cannot stand the living dead.

Oh and also, I'm 100% shocked to see NOBODY has volunteered for the drumming position, keep the drum.

Smiffy don't stop the drum mate, perhaps a little less but deffo don't stop!

I shudder to think what the atmosphere would be like at RH (other than when we score!) if the Blue Voice were not in attendance.

I have seriously considered moving from my seat in the East (22 years) and moving over to the West, but I cannot quite get myself to do it...creature of habit I guess.

I would volunteer for the drumming role, but at 66 doubt whether I could last 10 minutes let alone 90.

TBV are doing a brilliant job IMO, so keep it up lads , and really hope a drummer becomes available soon.

Wouldn't the triangle be more apt with the proposal of a three sided ground at FF?:winking:

Smithy , we missed you on the drum today IMO , A decent sized crowd in W block and we were very quiet. I don't know if there were other reasons for it, but if not it proves , IMO just how effective that bloody drum can be.

Back