• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New winger on trial today from Official Site

Cheers. I'll deffo pop down for this match then! :D

Which entrance do we use? Are seats behind the home goal open still?

some of the posts in this thread are completely mind-boggling. what on earth is there to complain about in us taking a look at a player in a reserve game?

because our reserve team manager is doing it (so it migt not even be taking any of T and B's time), because it doesn't cost us anything to do so, because it keeps the other players on their toes, because he might be able to improve he squad, because maybe one of our wingers could be leaving... how many more reasons do you want? Yes, it'd be great if two proven premiership 20-goal-a-season scorers wanted to have a trial for us in a reserve game, and i'm sure T and B would think so too- but the fact that there aren't any about on this particular wet tuesday doesn't make it a stupid idea to have a look at someone else, surely???

Jarrett is a very useful player. Seen him on a few occasions and have always been impressed. The plan here is simple, bring in Jarrett on the left wing and then we can AT LAST put Foran where he belongs........UP FRONT!!!

- G

I can't see the benefit of getting this guy in, if we do, unless someone goes. Hopefully this wont be happening! JCR and Gower are good players, and need to stay.

Jarrett is a very useful player. Seen him on a few occasions and have always been impressed. The plan here is simple, bring in Jarrett on the left wing and then we can AT LAST put Foran where he belongs........UP FRONT!!!

- G

That doesnt make too much sense though. Its not lack of wingers that has stopped Foran from being played upfront is it??

We do not need a winger so god only knows why we are looking at one. The only thing I can assume is that we may be loosing someone. Why else would we waste money on another winger when clearly we need something at either the back or front?!?!?! :thump:

Why else would we waste money on another winger when clearly we need something at either the back or front?!?!?! :thump:

But hang on a minute, who said anything about spending money on this player???

He only came down for a trial in the reserves, that doesn't mean we're going to sign him up for a few hundred thousand!!!

There are loads of players who come down for a trial, play a game or two and then go off on their merry way again, it's just standard practice.

He played today, hasn't cost us a penny, now let's see what tomorrow brings.....

:thump:

And Tilly was there at the back of the Directors box.....spying on his own supposed first teamers.......

Surely it is better to get a player in for a reserve game, take a look and if we dont like we dont buy. Cant see any harm in that.

He looked ok but didnt exactly set the wing on fire with blistering pace, his crossing made up for an apparent lack of pace.

And Tilly was there at the back of the Directors box.....spying on his own supposed first teamers.......

Surely it is better to get a player in for a reserve game, take a look and if we dont like we dont buy. Cant see any harm in that.

He looked ok but didnt exactly set the wing on fire with blistering pace, his crossing made up for an apparent lack of pace.

A Watford fan I was speaking to said he has amazing speed really fast. He was obviously lying!

Is it possible he was referring to his dealer, allegedly?;)

LOL! He wouldn't be the first player for Southend to be allegedly on drugs like my works mates are so sure about a certain person who has left being on Coke.

Personally I think that is bollocks!

Obviously this guy just rocked up at reception and asked for a trial. Definitely wasn't scouted by us.

I don't know if it is coincidence, but I emailed the club on 8th May after watching Jarrett play for Sierra Leone against Borient the day after the Southampton game (see below!)

I thought I would let you know about a player I saw yesterday playing yesterday for Sierra Leone against Leyton Orient.

The player concerned is, I believe, is Albert Jarrett. He was the number 7, who played on the right wing in the first half & was moved into a more central midfield position in the second half.

The player had lots of pace & was comfortable using either his left or right foot, but his right foot was his stronger foot. Early on he beat Matt Lockwood for pace several times including during the build up for the first Sierra Leone goal. In the build up he went past Lockwood (probably not fully fit) with great ease & sent over a perfect cross which was headed in with ease. After Lockwood had been replaced after about 10 minutes, Jarrett continued to torment the left back by either going past him down the wing or by cutting inside. He was moved into a central midfield position during the second half where he was less effective.

Jarrett struck me as a player very similar to JCR, loads of pace & very skilful, but had the added benefit of having a bit of bulk to him, which made him harder to knock off the ball. He had two good feet & was able to deliver decent crosses with either foot.

In my opinion, he might be worth a look at, even if he is under contract with Watford, who have loaned him out to MK Dons. I'm fairly certain that the game was filmed & Luke Gutteridge may be able to give you an opinion too. My only concern is that Jarrett has not played a lot of games at any team he has played at.

I hope this email is of some use to you.

All the very best for next season.

Richard Smith (East Stand-Black Season Ticket Holder)

I think the above says it all, but apart from Kallon who plays for Monaco, Jarrett was superb. Based on what I saw that day, I cannot believe he has never made it at any club. He certainly made mugs of Lockwood, Gutts & anybody he came up against!

One to watch??

Last edited:
Do you send emails like that often?? I was going to send them an email like that once about a few players but thought they would just laugh at them.

It was the first time I've ever done it!! As I said, I don't know if its as a result of my email or not, but it's a bit of a coincidence. I didn't get an acknowledgment from the club though!

I was so impressed by him & so was my Uncle (O's Fan!) I've just been talking to him about Jarrett & he's p!ssed off that his lot didn't try to get him there, at least on trial. I just hope he plays well all the time & gets a contract, as he certainly has promise, it's whether he has the application.

I only wrote to the club, because he has such an outstanding game!

Can you write to the club and tell them to sign Darren Byfield!

Back