• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New winger on trial today from Official Site

It was the first time I've ever done it!! As I said, I don't know if its as a result of my email or not, but it's a bit of a coincidence. I didn't get an acknowledgment from the club though!

I was so impressed by him & so was my Uncle (O's Fan!) I've just been talking to him about Jarrett & he's p!ssed off that his lot didn't try to get him there, at least on trial. I just hope he plays well all the time & gets a contract, as he certainly has promise, it's whether he has the application.

I only wrote to the club, because he has such an outstanding game!

And to think some people doubted we had a scouting system.

I wrote a similar letter at the beginning of last season - it read:

Dear Ron,

I am aware that there will be considerable interest in Freddy Eastwood over the next year and I have taken some time to look for possible replacements. After much deliberation I have found two young strikers that are being coveted by many league clubs. The first is a strong young man called Billy Paynter. He is a very exciting prospect that will guarantee you 30+ goals. If you can get him for less than 500k you will have a bargain.

The second player is another target man called Matt Harrold. This player of reminds me of Jan Koller but with more hair, of the ginger variety. During my scouting mission he won at least two headers in the whole game and could chest the ball really well.

Both these players would be ideal partners for Lee Bradbury and would frighten defences all over the country.

Regards

Olvis III

You can thank me all later for these two little gems - I'm just pleased I could help in the search for new talent.

;)

And to think some people doubted we had a scouting system.

I wrote a similar letter at the beginning of last season - it read:

Dear Ron,

I am aware that there will be considerable interest in Freddy Eastwood over the next year and I have taken some time to look for possible replacements. After much deliberation I have found two young strikers that are being coveted by many league clubs. The first is a strong young man called Billy Paynter. He is a very exciting prospect that will guarantee you 30+ goals. If you can get him for less than 500k you will have a bargain.

The second player is another target man called Matt Harrold. This player of reminds me of Jan Koller but with more hair, of the ginger variety. During my scouting mission he won at least two headers in the whole game and could chest the ball really well.

Both these players would be ideal partners for Lee Bradbury and would frighten defences all over the country.

Regards

Olvis III

You can thank me all later for these two little gems - I'm just pleased I could help in the search for new talent.

;)

BOOO!!! I will blame you for Matt Harrold now!

I just hope after this, Jarrett doesn't turn out to be crap!! The one thing that is reassuring is Boothroyd must have seen something promising about him!

Like Tilly saw something promising in Michael Ricketts!

Matt Harrold shouldn't even play for the U.10's!

And he was right too, on his day he is one talented footballer, it didn't work for him here though.
Yep, although signing Ricketts was a gamble, the fella was still a proven goalscorer in the top division, and still relatively young. Perhaps a better appraisal of his personality could have happened, to see if he was truly, ahem, hungry, but if Ricketts could have been bothered him and Fred could have been a great partnershp.

In hindsight - not a great move at all, but there was potential.

He is a really good player, was pretty gutted when he left Watford

I just wonder if Foran may be on the way out, and that Jarret is being looked at as cover for Gower.

Reasons for Foran possibly leaving -

Didn't play yesterday, even though he hasn't played a match since being sent off at Crawley. If Tilly wanted him for Saturday, I feel sure he would have got 45 mins yesterday.

Alleged night out on the booze with Hammel, which allegedly ended up with Hammell allegedly further injuring himself.

What does anyone think ?

Would be no big loss if he did. Seems a bad egg a la guttridge and his finishing is frankly awful. Jarrett sounds a more promising prospect.

£50,000 for Foran and Jarrett in on a free would do me fine. Would be one of our painfully below average strikers out the door anyway.

I seem to remember Jarrett scaring the crap out of us when he played at the Hall for Swindon 18 months ago.

I just wonder if Foran may be on the way out, and that Jarret is being looked at as cover for Gower.

Didn't play yesterday, even though he hasn't played a match since being sent off at Crawley. If Tilly wanted him for Saturday, I feel sure he would have got 45 mins yesterday.

Alleged night out on the booze with Hammel, which allegedly ended up with Hammell allegedly further injuring himself.

What does anyone think ?

Hope springs eternal!
If true, hopefully there will be an amnesty on a certain level of "I told you so postings" eminating from my PC........!!!

What does anyone think ?

Not a bad shout, but I would have thought Tilson would be after a return of around £100,000 for him and I can't see anybody paying that.

Back