• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New winger on trial today from Official Site

seany t

President
Southend will run the rule over former Watford winger Albert Jarrett this afternoon when the Blues reserves kick-off their season against Milton Keynes Dons. Sierra Leone born Jarrett was released by the Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd at the end of last season, following the Hornets relegation from the Premier League.

The 22-year-old left winger spent some time on loan with Boston United and Milton Keynes Dons prior to his exit from Vicarage Road. And Reserve Team boss Dean Austin, taking charge of his first second string fixture, will run the rule over the youngster.

- - - - - - - -

I'm not one to fuel rumours, but did anyone else think that the position we least need to fill further is winger? Wonder if that has any bearing on the whole JCR leaving rumours.

Of course, it could just be that he's popped in for a trial or that he plays in other positions too... We'll see i guess

Southend will run the rule over former Watford winger Albert Jarrett this afternoon when the Blues reserves kick-off their season against Milton Keynes Dons. Sierra Leone born Jarrett was released by the Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd at the end of last season, following the Hornets relegation from the Premier League.

The 22-year-old left winger spent some time on loan with Boston United and Milton Keynes Dons prior to his exit from Vicarage Road. And Reserve Team boss Dean Austin, taking charge of his first second string fixture, will run the rule over the youngster.

- - - - - - - -

I'm not one to fuel rumours, but did anyone else think that the position we least need to fill further is winger? Wonder if that has any bearing on the whole JCR leaving rumours.

Of course, it could just be that he's popped in for a trial or that he plays in other positions too... We'll see i guess

i think it's more likely that gower will leave!

I think it's more likely that no-one will leave.... :p
I doubt this is anything more sinister than SUFC having a look at an available player to see if he can add anything to the squad.

...which would be a disaster, mark my words - it would be like losing Freddy without the cushion of £1.5m to land on.

:cry:

i know but even though g-man is getting on a bit and not the quickest or fittest... ten goals from the left wing for a relegated side would make any championship team take note IMO... it would be tragic if he left, but having us look at more and more wingers only adds to my concerns

Obviously this guy just rocked up at reception and asked for a trial. Definitely wasn't scouted by us.

I think it's more likely that no-one will leave.... :p
I doubt this is anything more sinister than SUFC having a look at an available player to see if he can add anything to the squad.

Yeah I imagine you're right. Just seemed odd with the amount of players that do / can play on the wing...

I think a winger is not our priority, in fact i'd say it was well down on our list of areas to strengthen.

I seem to remember some people raving about him when Sierra Leone played against Orient at Brisbane Road in a friendly. If he has lightning pace and can kick a ball lets bring him in...

Noooooooooooooooooooooo....

He was at Brighton and everyone hated him. The bloke is fast but has the touch of a rapist and also looks like Bobby Brown ( Not that that is an issue but he is just cack).

Please let Tilly see sense.

I can't beleive that we are looking at a winger. That is the only area of our squad that doesn't need looking at.

Is this another case of Tilly & Brush not knowing what they are doing, as with Gower, JCR, Black, Foran, and even Hunt, Francis and Bradbury as emergency back up we do not need another winger.

Or is someone leaving?

I can't beleive that we are looking at a winger. That is the only area of our squad that doesn't need looking at.

Is this another case of Tilly & Brush not knowing what they are doing, as with Gower, JCR, Black, Foran, and even Hunt, Francis and Bradbury as emergency back up we do not need another winger.

Or is someone leaving?

The latter three should not play for us as wingers.

It might not need looking at but what possible harm is there in having a look? He might turn out to be better than all of our wingers in which case it's worthwhile. He might, like Henry/Walcott have been used as a winger but look better up front.

I don't know, I've never heard of him before, but even if it was posed as a question, it is a very leading one and suggests managerial incompetence when they are assessing one player on trial - he's not even on loan!

I agree, we dont need another winger. Good that we are atleast taking a look at these people. Maybe we can get some prem/ccc clubs interested in loaning us a forward!

You would assume that given the number of players we have who can occupy the wing, it can only be because of someone leaving.

No harm in looking though I guess.

Is it free?

Just got an email from the club and yep its definitely free for seaso's..

Kickoff 14:00 (or 2 o'clock in old money).

Surprised the club dont make this info known in their item on the website, ie prices for non seaso's and lack of a cost for seaso's. Wont cost them anything to mention it.......the crowd might outnumber the players then ;)

Back