• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Wolves manager named

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
The new Wolves manager is Glenn Hoddle.

I'm surprised another club has even entertained the idea of appointing him, but there you go.
rock.gif

Is it just me who hates Hoddle with a passion? I have no idea why I just do.

I think its a good appointment to be honest. Hasn't exactly set the world alight but its a well respected figure in the game and will be able to attract a decent standard of players. Good appointment in my eyes.

Will Wycombe fans be a bit worried now? Everywhere Hoddle has gone since Swindon, Gorman has followed him. Watch this space.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Dec. 07 2004,13:36)]Is it just me who hates Hoddle with a passion? I have no idea why I just do.
I'm by no means a fan of his but certainly don't hate him. Spouting very strange and, to many people, offensive beliefs aside was he that unsuccessful as England manager? His England side came top of the one qualifying group he was in charge of and went out in the finals in the usual 'epic battle, glorious defeat' manner. So in that regard he's on a par with Bobby Robson, Terry Venables (who didn't even achieve the qualifying bit as we were hosts in '96) and Sven and better than Keegan and Taylor.

As a player he was one of the most naturally gifted we've produced in modern times and as a club boss he's been at best mediocre. All that's just not enough to get my blood boiling.

Not that there's anything wrong with irational hatred of course Scriv!

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Dec. 07 2004,13:36)]Is it just me who hates Hoddle with a passion?
I'm with Ron... I wouldn't go so far as to say "hate", but I've never been fond of his nasal whining, and (to reply to Ron's point about Glenn's tenure of the England job) we lost to a very mediocre Argentina - who were promptly knocked out in the next round by Holland. And why did we lose? Because Hoddle failed to manage the players properly... he wound up Beckham by refusing to play him; he left the team's best asset (an 18 year-old Michael Owen) on the bench...

He actually had a bloody good side at his disposal then - a superb blend of youth & experience which, whilst it (probably) wouldn't have beaten France, was certainly capable of getting to the semi-final (after all - we'd beaten a pretty similar Dutch side 4-1 only two years' previously, who were the team we would have played had we beaten the Argies).

And then he started spouting all his cr@p about disabled people and their bad karma...

So, I'm not very well disposed at all to Glenn... but I can still remember him as a player, and so I can't be moved to hate him with a passion; although I'm certainly happy to admit that I'm not very keen on him at all, and wouldn't be too upset if things didn't work out for him at Molineux.

Matt

Back