• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Years Resolutions

Pubey

So come on then. What's yours?

I've made 2:

1. Don't drink during January (and no I'm not doing a ****ing dryathalon, thanks for asking. A charity can't just come along and take over an idea that people regularly do. Movember is a good idea, but this 'dryathalon' isn't)

2. Get out of bed every morning when my wife does. She sets off for work earlier than I do, and so normally I lounge around in bed and read emails and SZ and the news while she get's ready and leaves the house. However I've decided I'm going to stop doing this and to get up and have breakfast with her and either get in to work earlier or do a bit of work at home before leaving the house. A good routine to get into I reckon.

Save a bit of money on shopping. Not neccesarily a resolution, more a neccessity!

1) Get more exams under my belt. Just started studying AF4 (Investment Planning) with the aim of becoming chartered.

2) Make better use of Linked In to get more clients

3) Get my son competent at football with both feet. Started playing football with him a few weeks ago and think he is going to be good. Really plan to push this on.

4) Swim more.

Every year I resolve to wake up on NYD with a banging hangover. Achieved.

So come on then. What's yours?

I've made 2:

1. Don't drink during January (and no I'm not doing a ****ing dryathalon, thanks for asking. A charity can't just come along and take over an idea that people regularly do. Movember is a good idea, but this 'dryathalon' isn't)

2. Get out of bed every morning when my wife does. She sets off for work earlier than I do, and so normally I lounge around in bed and read emails and SZ and the news while she get's ready and leaves the house. However I've decided I'm going to stop doing this and to get up and have breakfast with her and either get in to work earlier or do a bit of work at home before leaving the house. A good routine to get into I reckon.

My dryathalon is custom made 6 Months

www.justgiving.co.uk/thetrueblue

SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!.... please :winking:

Never bother personally, January is a depressing enough month without denying yourself a few pleasures! If I do anything, I start from February or even March, when the days are getting noticeably longer.

Try not to go overdrawn for the first time since I started uni, definitely keep the weight I lost during my last skint patch off (13stone 6 to 12stone 8 - amazing what a diet made predominantly of rice and pasta does for you), and get a 2:1 in my degree are the big ones. Things that aren't really resolutions (think more bonus objectives from a computer game) are finisha first draft of a novel and finish a pitch and first draft of a film or, more likely, a TV pilot.

Don't like to think of them as resolutions but more of aims, usually never bother with them or just forget after a month but this year I've got a few things I want to do.

1) Complete the AAT level 4 course and look into what course to follow up with.

2) Get a new job and move out. Working for my dad and living at home was what I needed a couple of years ago after a rough patch, but I've felt like I've needed to do this for a while now and hopefully it will happen this year. Also will need to decide where I want to move to, favouring either Leicester or London at the moment.

3) Get into a routine of going to the gym, making my own meals and being organised.

My resolution is to be more strident in my political views.

You'll find that easier with an absurd gait.

As for me. I don't make them for two reasons:

1. I never used to keep them.
2. Why wait until January to make a change? If something needs changing, just do it and don't make a song and dance of it.

Back