• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Youth setup

mcrabb

First XI
Has anyone got much insight into the new youth set up in Blackout?

I decide to start investing the full amount with about 4 weeks of the season to go (last season) and have a reasonable youth set up for the cross-over to the new system.

So far I haven't got any decent players, but I guess the good players will start to come when my 16yo 10 star YPs are promoted next season.

So far I've had a lot of Low stats uncovered, and a few mediums. Today I promoted someone with two medium skills which turned out to 6 and 8. I've also had a low stat at 5. So I think the ranges are:
Low - 1-5
Medium - 6-8 (possibly 6-9)
High - 9 or 10+

As well as uncovering the Low / medium level skills, one of my unpromoted youth players actually had one of their actual stats uncovered. Young Rupert Parmenter has a 3 for Technique. I didn't actually realise they would uncover actual stats. Has anyone else had this?

So far I think the changes are pretty positive and make the YPs a much bigger part of the game. What are other peoples experiences of this?

I have decided to let others chase the youth system. I picked up three top notch youths this season to train for a combined $450,000, the old $50k system meant $800k expenditure and I'd be surprised if I got three players of similar ilk. As it's a new feature I expect a lot of managers to go for it and therefore the prices of youths will be lower. Supply and Demand.

Once my first XV is more settled and I've got plenty of cash in the bank I might think about investing. Right now I'm happy ticking over, making money and training up the players I have. Having said that I'm going to take a season of total thrashings back in the top league, I'm the WBA of Blackout Rugby - promoted, just stayed up, relegated, promoted. If they follow me this season they'll go down without winning a game!

Back