• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Zealand vs England (Test series)

England 27-9 !!

&

58 All Out!!

Seriously WTF!!

In the words of another Shrimperzone poster "Were gonna get spanked"!!!

:blush::blush::sad::sad:

New Zealand are currently 88-1 at the break.

To think I set my alarm clock for this!..I can't take much more, i'm thinking about switching it over to watch some old re-runs of Dad's Army instead.

Last edited:
Losing to NZ has become a traditional wake-up call before sorting out the side.

Be it the culling of Hoggy and Harmy mid-series in 2008, defeat under Nasser in 1999 or even the ODI side after that horrendous defeat in 12 overs in the last World Cup.

Let's hope it works:unsure::stunned::omg::sad:

Auckland has to be the worst test venue in the world.

Completely devoid of any character, atmosphere and people, looking at the crowd today.

I think we still thought we were playing in Australia. Pretty much everyone was out trapped on the crease. Moeen Ali's dismissal was laughable!

I think the majority of test grounds still have character and a bit of charm, though I accept some of the modern stadia have lost a bit of that.

Sticking a drop-in pitch in the middle of a rugby ground just tips it over the edge, for me.

Just seen the rest of the highlights. That was a pretty awful day for England.

Another day / night game lost??

Damn...This say's it all...

_100550881_gettyimages-937179152.jpg

New Zealand finally declare for 427-8 (369 runs ahead).

Cook goes early again for just 2 runs.

England currently 38-1.

I'm switching it over to the F1 :sad:

I thought to myself if I had the choice what would I take of my country being bowled out for 58 or my country facing the world after the captain and his team leaders are caught cheating like the convicts did,a batting collapse everytime thankyou.:happy:

Losing a 3 day test by an innings is quite something.

I do wonder if England really know how to save a test match, these days.

Talk about the winter of discontent!!

Cook gone again!!..This time only 2 runs!!

England just 6-1 :nope::sad:

These sides who bat out the last day for a draw are so irritating.

Why can't they be like us! :winking:

Last edited:
Just wonder if Cook will still open come Summer Tests, if it had been anyone else but Cook, I think his position would be the talk of the papers

Happy for Cook to play for Essex, which I think will be an interesting season for us, new management have a lot of pressure on them to carry CS success forward

I fancy us for one of the one day trophies this season

Just wonder if Cook will still open come Summer Tests, if it had been anyone else but Cook, I think his position would be the talk of the papers

Happy for Cook to play for Essex, which I think will be an interesting season for us, new management have a lot of pressure on them to carry CS success forward

I fancy us for one of the one day trophies this season

Cook would maybe be in danger if someone was knocking on the door but I reckon he'll play all summer for England - hopefully having warmed up with a century or three for Essex first.

What a thoroughly disappointing and depressing Test winter though. I'd say it is like the bad old days, but we've never gone on such a long run without an away Test win so it is even worse than that!

Back