• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Newbie Cup Tourney

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
For div 6 newbies only and due to start next week -

The cup is Hattrick endorsed so this would be in place of any friendlies you might want to arrange.

Can I have names of those genuinely interested by Wednesday please.

Ta

So i take it from this you do not want to participate in the ShrimperZone Challenge Cup??
rock.gif

This cup is going to start in 2 weeks tomorrow. I plan suggest that DivVI teams can play who ever they like but Div V teams can only play 2nd string. To try and make it a more even cup. What do the rest of you say??

ORM's too good for our company now he's scored a few goals!
biggrin.gif

yeah, I'm sure his bunch of world beaters will scare the pants off my reserves
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Feb. 07 2005,13:11)]So i take it from this you do not want to participate in the ShrimperZone Challenge Cup??
rock.gif
If we participate in the Shrimperzone Cup is this a Hattrick endorsed tourney ? i.e. would this be in place of Hattrick friendly ?

I've risen above GNH and Mr Bs comments. Suffice to say I'll give them both a wave on my way past.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Feb. 07 2005,13:11)]So i take it from this you do not want to participate in the ShrimperZone Challenge Cup??
rock.gif

This cup is going to start in 2 weeks tomorrow. I plan suggest that DivVI teams can play who ever they like but Div V teams can only play 2nd string. To try and make it a more even cup. What do the rest of you say??
sounds like a good plan bob

Too many choices!

As long as there are enough of us to play each other for the rest of the season in friendleis/cups etc to get everyone trained and experienced I'm not bothered what format it's in.

What's the difference between Hatrick approved cups and those taht aren't?

ORM - It doesn't matter about 'Hattrick approval', all you'll be doing is organising your friendly against whoever your cup opponent is (as specified by the person administering the cup). If you go out, just carry on organising friendlies in the usual manner.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Feb. 07 2005,16:34)]ORM - It doesn't matter about 'Hattrick approval', all you'll be doing is organising your friendly against whoever your cup opponent is (as specified by the person administering the cup).  If you go out, just carry on organising friendlies in the usual manner.
Doh !

Minus 1 to ORM for missing the blindingly obvious.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm - this could be a problem. "Sure, I don't think I'll have a problem getting hold of 5-6 newbies" I said to the organiser.
biggrin.gif

I'll be in the newby cup, especially now that i've won my first game ever, it only took me 9 games !!!!
tounge.gif

The Newbie cup is a straight knockout for newbies against newbies with a maximum of 16 entrants. The Shrimperzone cup will be played in a group format.

Andee - any objections in deferring the SZ Cup for a couple of weeks or does this screw up training/development plans for the 'big' teams towards the end of the season. I've promised my guy an answer by tomorrow. Ta !

I have no objections but as usual i have to consider the majority.
The problem i have is that normally i am involved in the FLSA Cup around week 9 so I am now definitely going to have miss out on this one. Just so you can please someone you do not even know. Whereas I have been part of this cup for three seasons and each time have progressed to the Knockout stages. In fact this year was my worst performance after being knocked out by my hattrick nemesis (MtS).
mad.gif

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Anyway what does everyone else think??

cool.gif

Don't get me wrong Andee - I just wanted to see if it caused problems (it may not have done).

It obviously does cause problems so consider the newbie cup idea very much consigned to the back burner for the time being.

That is if you manage to set a team to play.
biggrin.gif

Ben - it is best if you join as it will increase your training potential. Not sure about if it relates to friendlies but local matches attract bigger crowds, before people get excited remember this is still in friendly terms which means you might get 7000 tops

I have sorted that out. I have friendlie tonight so I see what happens. I would be up for the cup then, If someone sorts it out.

What's the plan with these cups then?

I got a message within hatrick asking about the SZ cup. When is that due to start?

ORM when is yours planned to start?

Need to know whether or not to get a friendly for next midweek.

The SZ Challenge Cup will start after the 3rd round of the English Cup - so it will be when the 4th round of the English Cup is.
wink.gif

Which is the 22nd Feb for the record.
cool.gif

I will deliberately be throwing my cup match this week to ensure my availability for the SZ cup. My defeat will therefore have nothing to do with the fact my opposition has a solid (very high) midfield, a passable defence and inadequate central attack:O

ps Are we having group stages?

Back