• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yup, born 1977. Zelx is my mum's maiden name, a bit of Latvian going on there. I thought it sounded different - some have said it sounds like presciption drugs!!

Really excited about next season what with all the contracts being resolved and the overall positive vibe by the players. They all seem to genuinely believe we can go up, as do I.

I'm never sure what's a prescription drug and what's a pokemon

Yup, born 1977. Zelx is my mum's maiden name, a bit of Latvian going on there. I thought it sounded different - some have said it sounds like presciption drugs!!

Really excited about next season what with all the contracts being resolved and the overall positive vibe by the players. They all seem to genuinely believe we can go up, as do I.

LATVIAN!!!?!?!?

No offence but I was in Riga last weekend I hope it was not your mum who I ..... er..... kinda........ ruined

Welcome zelx77 - just a one thing to remember on here. Cricko is not as young as he seems to believe :smile:

Thanks - well everyone seems great so far! I look forward to all the debates/discussions.

Welcome aboard zelx. That was a very strange game to see on your debut, so fair play for your return. I remember that sunny day very well - Bobby Moore was standing in The Paddock nearby whilst Big Roy got sent off for a harmless little back-handed swipe on their central defender (?Keith) Macpherson and then it all went teats up. However, back to the here and now of this forum and please bear this little tip in mind with any contributions you might wish to make: whatever you do, don't side with BarnaBlue on any debates/discussions as he invariably gets it wrong. All the very best from the Zone's Decency Faction. :thumbsup:

Hi All

Am a long time reader of this forum so thought I would start posting! I started watching Southend back in the 1996/97 season with a home game against WBA and had a season ticket for 3 years 2004-07 in the South Upper and wass there in Swansea when we clinched promotion from League One. I play every Saturday now so dont get to come as much as I like but I try and get to most the Friday night or midweek games.

Hi All

Am a long time reader of this forum so thought I would start posting! I started watching Southend back in the 1996/97 season with a home game against WBA and had a season ticket for 3 years 2004-07 in the South Upper and wass there in Swansea when we clinched promotion from League One. I play every Saturday now so dont get to come as much as I like but I try and get to most the Friday night or midweek games.

Welcome to the board the Hutch.

Hi All

Welcome aboard.

What an utterly ***** season that was. Think we remained in the bottom 3 for most of the season. Finishing with another depressing spanking on the road (one of many) at Grimsby and relegation.

Lol correct was terrible but for soem reason I loved going each week! The crowds were down to about 5.500 at the time as well! I always remember Jeroen Boere getting sent off when it was actually Leo Roget that fouled the player (they looked so much alike lol)

Lol correct was terrible but for soem reason I loved going each week! The crowds were down to about 5.500 at the time as well! I always remember Jeroen Boere getting sent off when it was actually Leo Roget that fouled the player (they looked so much alike lol)

Steve ****ing Bennett.

2-0 up and cruising with 10 minutes left and he sends Leo Roget off for a second booking that was committed by Jereon Boere. What makes it worse is that he was booking Roget at the time the alleged incident took place some 30 yards away. As for confusing Boere and Roget it was easy to tell them apart: Roget was the one who looked like he cared.

We were lucky to hold on for a point in the end.

Right I've got to go for a walk to calm down. Bennett's also the **** who sent off Maher at Layer Rd after Duguid's dive (and Gower for telling him some verifiable facts).

Hold on a minute. The independent says:

he Southend defender Leo Roget has had his sending-off against Oxford 11 days ago quashed by the Football Association. Roget was cleared after the FA studied video evidence of the match and agreed with the club that he had been the victim of mistaken identity.

The Surrey referee Steve Bennett showed Roget the red card for an alleged second bookable offence, when the culprit was striker Jeroen Boere.

So is Miles/Goody wrong?

Back