• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

zelx77

Hello All,

Ever since my dad treated me and my twin brother to a 0-4 Boxing Day home defeat to Northampton in 1986, I havent looked back. Finally decided to join SZ and look forward to getting involved in chats/debates etc.

Welcome along zelx77!

I caught the SUFC bug around the same time and was also at the Northampton game. Fair play to you for sticking with SUFC after that miserable afternoon.

Welcome to The Zone, the home of lively banter and true love amongst friends.:whistling:

Speaking of this could we have a welcome forum? this could entice other potential members to join? other forums have it

I did think of that awhile back..Like an introduce yourself forum..let me think on it , we could always try it out I guess.

I think it gives that welcoming feel more and will entice more to sign up

It's a reasonable shout Scott. We (as in all 'established' members of the forum) should all do what we can to welcome newbies and I think we've done ok on this one :smile:

Just wait until zelk weighs in on the Bart/Flavs debate and watch it all kick off.

I'd add some "rules" about posting styles. Some of us are sticklers for grammar and spelling, and no ferking txt spk.

Standards!

Welcome zelx77, people are mostly friendly on here, but there are one or two strange ones......mainly those who obviously don't get any attention on their own club's boards so like to join us for some banter! :winking:

Hello All,

Ever since my dad treated me and my twin brother to a 0-4 Boxing Day home defeat to Northampton in 1986, I havent looked back. Finally decided to join SZ and look forward to getting involved in chats/debates etc.

Hi, welcome to the zone. Whats with the name "zelx77" very unusual!

Welcome along zelx77!

I caught the SUFC bug around the same time and was also at the Northampton game. Fair play to you for sticking with SUFC after that miserable afternoon.

My first ever game was the FA Cup 1st Round that season, pretty sure I was at that Boxing Day game aswell!

Welcome zelx77, is that the year you were born? Good year that was! :winking:

Hello All,

All the best fans had as their introduction to the mighty Blues being taken to that game by their dad:thumbsup:

It was of course an early sighting of Ian Benjamin in blue and yeeeellllloooowwww
  Spoiler:  
albeit Northampton's yellow and blue
- so how could you not become a Shrimper.

My first ever game was the FA Cup 1st Round that season, pretty sure I was at that Boxing Day game aswell!

Welcome zelx77, is that the year you were born? Good year that was! :winking:

We shipped 11 goals in 3 games within 21 days against Northampton Town that month (scoring 6 ourselves), so at least you got good VFM in terms of goal action!

Pennyfather, Cadette et al. sigh.

Yup, born 1977. Zelx is my mum's maiden name, a bit of Latvian going on there. I thought it sounded different - some have said it sounds like presciption drugs!!

Really excited about next season what with all the contracts being resolved and the overall positive vibe by the players. They all seem to genuinely believe we can go up, as do I.

We shipped 11 goals in 3 games within 21 days against Northampton Town that month (scoring 6 ourselves), so at least you got good VFM in terms of goal action!

Pennyfather, Cadette et al. sigh.

Yep I went to the 4-4 cup game but not the replay.

Went to the 2-1 defeat in the league later on in the season, which may have been my first away game.

Back