• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Newcastle's Loss at Spurs Today

SUFC Forever

Manager
By their 1-0 loss at Spurs today, I think that the writing really has to be on the wall for Newcastle's relegation now. What a shambolic season they have had and now the realisation they are probably not going to stay up is almost upon them as the Shearer (last throw of the dice to find Geordie Messiah) gamble has only returned one point from the three games he has been in charge.

Thing is, with everything that has gone on off the field this season, they have nobody to blame but Ashby and their unrealistically high expectations. Four managers in a season tells it's own story and relegation is the price that is now going to be paid.

Thing is, if they had stuck with Big Sam at the start of the season, he may not have pleased the fans with pretty football but I would bet anybody that he would have undoubtedly kept them up and in time started to move the club in the right direction.

I wouldn't even bet on them getting promoted back at the 1st time of asking either. That club has deep set problems and whoever is manager there next season has an even bigger job on his hands now to rebuild with players who are seemingly un-motivated and frankly, not good enough.

They need to realise they have to hire proven managers, not "Messiahs" every time the **** hits the fan.

By their 1-0 loss at Spurs today, I think that the writing really has to be on the wall for Newcastle's relegation now. What a shambolic season they have had and now the realisation they are probably not going to stay up is almost upon them as the Shearer (last throw of the dice to find Geordie Messiah) gamble has only returned one point from the three games he has been in charge.

Thing is, with everything that has gone on off the field this season, they have nobody to blame but Ashby and their unrealistically high expectations. Four managers in a season tells it's own story and relegation is the price that is now going to be paid.

Thing is, if they had stuck with Big Sam at the start of the season, he may not have pleased the fans with pretty football but I would bet anybody that he would have undoubtedly kept them up and in time started to move the club in the right direction.

I wouldn't even bet on them getting promoted back at the 1st time of asking either. That club has deep set problems and whoever is manager there next season has an even bigger job on his hands now to rebuild with players who are seemingly un-motivated and frankly, not good enough.

Allardyce was sacked last season and they then had the return of the other Geordie Messiah Keegan, who promptly reverted to type and spat his dummy when things didn't go his way.

Fully agree about all the inherent problems at Newcastle and it's possible their slide could match that of Leeds.

Unfortunately, I think Newcastle will get out of trouble. The games they have to come at home are all very winnable with Pompy, Fulham and Boro to come, and away trips at an out of form Villa and Liverpool could well bring in another 3 points.

I'd love them to go down, I really would but I think they will escape.

Got to admire Shearers attempt to get something though. They played the last 20 with Own, Viduka, Martens, Smith, Duff and the bloke with the Pony tale.

Unfortunately, I think Newcastle will get out of trouble. The games they have to come at home are all very winnable with Pompy, Fulham and Boro to come, and away trips at an out of form Villa and Liverpool could well bring in another 3 points.

I'd love them to go down, I really would but I think they will escape.

Not a chance, Newcastle are as doomed as a Steven Seagal film.
Yes they have all their strikers fit but for how long, Owen looks half the player he was. I said when Shearer took over, he wont win a game and I stand by that. The guy knows nothing about how to be a manager, Dowie is no number 2 (hes not even a number one), and the players are a bunch of overpaid pampered numpties who will soon fly the nest once Newcastle are in the championship.

Owen is still one of the best finishers in the country. He just needs the service. A Bosman move to Arsenal would do him, and that Club, wonders.

Owen is still one of the best finishers in the country. He just needs the service. A Bosman move to Arsenal would do him, and that Club, wonders.

It would do but Wengers strict wage structure would stop them going in for him, he's on about 100k a week isnt he!?

Not a chance, Newcastle are as doomed as a Steven Seagal film.
Yes they have all their strikers fit but for how long, Owen looks half the player he was. I said when Shearer took over, he wont win a game and I stand by that. The guy knows nothing about how to be a manager, Dowie is no number 2 (hes not even a number one), and the players are a bunch of overpaid pampered numpties who will soon fly the nest once Newcastle are in the championship.

I hope your right, I hate Newcastle with a passion, but I think the home games will be key and they are all very winnable.

As for Owen to Arsenal, that would be a brilliant career move for him. The guy is a natural finisher and doesn't miss many chances. Arsenal create chance after chance, and most of them are on the deck as opposed to crosses into the box. That would definately suit him. I hope Wenger goes for him.

id hate to see newcastle stay up at the expense of either Blackburn or Hull

It would do but Wengers strict wage structure would stop them going in for him, he's on about 100k a week isnt he!?

Well I guess that would be the big issue for Owen. Does he take the huge pay packet at, say, Manchester City, or does he take one last chance at a proper club who want to win things? Will he take a pay cut in order to have a chance of winning things and getting his England place back?

For what it's worth, I've not seen anything that suggests that Arsenal are interested in him. It just seems like a natural fit to me.

Well I guess that would be the big issue for Owen. Does he take the huge pay packet at, say, Manchester City, or does he take one last chance at a proper club who want to win things? Will he take a pay cut in order to have a chance of winning things and getting his England place back?

Indeed, I also remember Sol Campbell joining Arsenal on a free and apparently he was on a massive wage due to the lack of transfer fee.

Back