• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First Away Game this season and was expecting a defeat to be honest, basically because our record against these teams that come up from Conference in recent years has been quite poor.
I was disappointed with a few things saturday, Brown's Tactics/Individual performances and the lack of atmosphere from our support.

We seemed to start lively and looked the better side, we opened them up a couple of times quite easily early on. Woodrow missing that early chance could have been a game changer 1-0 up after less than 10 mins who knows how they'd react as we know at home crowd normally doesnt support as vocally if 1-0 down.

Brown's tactics i dont think worked saturday i know he likes this formation he has been playing but i lost count of the amount of times Coker got the ball at left back and had no one infront of him to give it to. Surely if we're going to have Hurst on the right we need a Left sided midfielder i think i would have gone with Timlin infront of Woodrow away from home and played 5 across the middle, Hurst being right side and Atkinson on Left. This would have stopped Newport's two best players on the day the left and right wing back's going forward at every opportunity! Certainly didnt help our Auger who seemed to have alot of action towards him in first half!

Prosser really is starting to irritate me, basically because he isnt good enough to be a League footballer, Conference standard at best. Got skinned time after time and backed off too many times against there striker washington! When he actually gets time on ball he hasnt got a clue what to do so he just pumps it. Clifford, Hurst, Atkinson need balls to there feet to involve them in the game. Felt sorry for Kiernan as he was doing two people's work

The atmosphere from our fans was disappointing probably because we were split in two ends and the TBV decided to go into an open end which we all know doesnt hold any noise!! Surely would have better being under cover to get the crowd going!

Did you post this before the game? Very easy to make tactical decisions after the game.

Bottom line is that formation played a big part in turning our form around getting wins against two teams in the top 3 so whilst your suggestion makes sense its hard to criticise a formation that saw us winning games.

First Away Game this season and was expecting a defeat to be honest, basically because our record against these teams that come up from Conference in recent years has been quite poor.
I was disappointed with a few things saturday, Brown's Tactics/Individual performances and the lack of atmosphere from our support.

We seemed to start lively and looked the better side, we opened them up a couple of times quite easily early on. Woodrow missing that early chance could have been a game changer 1-0 up after less than 10 mins who knows how they'd react as we know at home crowd normally doesnt support as vocally if 1-0 down.

Brown's tactics i dont think worked saturday i know he likes this formation he has been playing but i lost count of the amount of times Coker got the ball at left back and had no one infront of him to give it to. Surely if we're going to have Hurst on the right we need a Left sided midfielder i think i would have gone with Timlin infront of Woodrow away from home and played 5 across the middle, Hurst being right side and Atkinson on Left. This would have stopped Newport's two best players on the day the left and right wing back's going forward at every opportunity! Certainly didnt help our Auger who seemed to have alot of action towards him in first half!

Prosser really is starting to irritate me, basically because he isnt good enough to be a League footballer, Conference standard at best. Got skinned time after time and backed off too many times against there striker washington! When he actually gets time on ball he hasnt got a clue what to do so he just pumps it. Clifford, Hurst, Atkinson need balls to there feet to involve them in the game. Felt sorry for Kiernan as he was doing two people's work

The atmosphere from our fans was disappointing probably because we were split in two ends and the TBV decided to go into an open end which we all know doesnt hold any noise!! Surely would have better being under cover to get the crowd going!
second that
Cheerful fella you are
You should go to a few more away days.

Back