• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Here are the next 3 matches for the teams in 3rd to 7th ..........

Southend - Scunthorpe (A); Bradford (A); Burton (H)

Millwall - Rochdale (A); Scunthorpe (H); Peterborough (H)

Wigan - Oldham (H); Walsall (A); Bury (H)

Gillingham - Barnsley (H); Oldham (A); Chesterfield (A)

Coventry - Bury (H); Shrewsbury (A); Fleetwood (H)

Oldham, Bury and Scunthorpe feature twice in that list ............

We are not alone in having 2 of the 3 games away but then we are at home to the league leaders. I think we might have the toughest set of fixtures there.

Just thought of adding Posh ......

Peterborough - Bradford (H); Millwall (A); Swindon (H)

We certainly appear to have the tougher three games ...on paper (or screen even).
So all we can really say is "bring it on". We are Southend United!

Here are the next 3 matches for the teams in 3rd to 7th ..........

Southend - Scunthorpe (A); Bradford (A); Burton (H)

Millwall - Rochdale (A); Scunthorpe (H); Peterborough (H)

Wigan - Oldham (H); Walsall (A); Bury (H)

Gillingham - Barnsley (H); Oldham (A); Chesterfield (A)

Coventry - Bury (H); Shrewsbury (A); Fleetwood (H)

Oldham, Bury and Scunthorpe feature twice in that list ............

We are not alone in having 2 of the 3 games away but then we are at home to the league leaders. I think we might have the toughest set of fixtures there.

Just thought of adding Posh ......

Peterborough - Bradford (H); Millwall (A); Swindon (H)

Can't help thinking that 4 points out of those 3 would be quite a good return?

Ha ha, yes - need to end that Burton hoodoo though, bout time we turned them over!

If 5 points were on offer now (2 away draws and a home win) I would be very tempted to take them ..........:unsure:

Yeah I was thinking 5 points would be ok myself, if we can get 6 or 7 I'll be very happy. 5 points should be enough to keep us in the play off picture.

It would be nice to beat Scunny following the disappointing FA cup defeat and as mentioned by JD we've got to be due a win over Burton surely? :unsure:

Yeah I was thinking 5 points would be ok myself, if we can get 6 or 7 I'll be very happy. 5 points should be enough to keep us in the play off picture.

It would be nice to beat Scunny following the disappointing FA cup defeat and as mentioned by JD we've got to be due a win over Burton surely? :unsure:

Nobody thought we would get 7 points from Peterborough Coventry and Shrewsbury. Harder games on paper. Burton are beatable and neither Scunny or Bradford tearing up trees.

Nobody thought we would get 7 points from Peterborough Coventry and Shrewsbury. Harder games on paper. Burton are beatable and neither Scunny or Bradford tearing up trees.

I hope you're right. Every time we play Burton I want them stamped on and demolished, and it just doesn't happen, for whatever reason. Maybe this time.

I think the Scunthorpe game could go either way for us, due to their game being postponed due to a waterlogged pitch on Saturday, hopefully they will will be rusty through to lack of match action, but it could also be the rest that they needed.

I think I prefer games where we are not supposed to get a result. It somehow puts less pressure on us.

The games where we are supposed to win seem harder to me ( i.e. Col Ewe where for much of the game it was pretty even, and I was getting fidgety going into the last ten)

8 points would be a miracle!

Not really.. 3 straight wins = 9 points..

Then a 1 point deduction for time wasting. (granted this was an "off the pitch incident")....
Namely being the 35 pages & 512 posts entitled "Todays Incident On Sport Bible" Thread. :hilarious:

In order of games; Scunny; a point would be ok but Scunny are not going to be looking at play offs but safety so it could be a tight, cagey encounter AND let's face it not much to excite.
Bradford, away at a good stadium with poor pitch, against another team looking for a play off surge; they would want to take the points so our play on the break style and steadfast rear guard may squeeze us a point or 3.
The BIG one is Burton and their hoard of 53 travelling fans, from this Phil will want a home win but Burton would, IMO, settle for a draw - I don't believe it will be great TV and the first goal may settle it: where as an early goal would for us would be best for Sky. 3 pts needed by us if we want to keep the fires of play offs burning.
5 pts.

In all seriousness, I think 4 points is realistic, 5 would be great. Anymore than that would just be amazing. But you never know with this league and this season.

If 5 points were on offer now (2 away draws and a home win) I would be very tempted to take them ..........:unsure:

I tend to agree with that, I was given a free ticket to see Gills play Burton , as well as be at our game at Priestfield. I thought we were superb at Gillingham and more than deserved to win, but Burton were even better .Looking forward to the Burton game. They are a class act and incredibly well set up, as 19 wins to our 13 testifies and 9 of them away from home. Stuart Beavon upfront is a right hand full but the best midfield/ winger display I have seen for sometime is the lad on loan from Birmngham Mark Duffy, who will need to be stopped.! .Deegan? Or is that too risky in a big televised game! Hopefully being on the telly will help fire us up to as in the past, but we will also need a bit of luck to come our way in this fixture for a change to break a bit of a hoodoo

Back