• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well, it doesn't get an easier - I'm liking this league and am so glad not to be playing Morecambe (they have scored 28 goals this season compared with our 14 :stunned:).

Away at Chesterfield (who just beat Walsall away)
Away at league leaders Gillingham (who have a 6x better goal difference)
Home to Rochdale (3 points behind us)
Away at Sheffield United (one place above us in the last play-off place)

If these four games don't get you excited you might need a check up from the neck up .....

Not fearing anyone at the minute. We have found our feet at this level and I still don't think we're quite at full strength in terms of starting 11

If we were still in the division below the comparable fixtures would be .....

Cambridge
Plymouth
Morecambe &
Accrington

What a difference a win at Wembley makes ......................:smile:

They are tough, but we shouldn't fear anyone at the moment.

No-one has put three past us yet and only one match we've lost by more than one goal.

Was skeptical about how we would do, but there's a belief at the club at the moment.

Looking forward to every match now, even though most away are up North.

This is an odd division geographically, as many have mentioned.

Between Millwall on 19th September and Col Ewe on 26th December, only ONE match home OR away is or has been against a Southern based club.

I think the belief at the club and amongst the supporters is based not just on the results but also from the manner of our play. We have had entertaining games against Crewe, Port Vale, Crawley and Barnsley lately ........... and it was the dull nature of our game last season that saw quite a lot of criticism.

That's quite a turn around, isn't it?

If we were still in the division below the comparable fixtures would be .....

Cambridge
Plymouth
Morecambe &
Accrington

What a difference a win at Wembley makes ......................:smile:

The first 2 I have no problem with but the other 2 are bleak indeed :'(:'(

chesterfield did well on sat against Walsall .But there away form is very good .There home form not so .They have only won one game at home so far .So they are not so unbeatable .Like to think with our resent form we could win there . After that its one game at a time .

It's good to believe though we have to be careful not to start developing unrealistic expectations. We're currently over-performing and it's likely there will be a correction the other way at some point - as long as we finish above 15th or so I reckon we'll have had a very good season.

We should fear nobody. However, they are an extremely tough run of games and will show us just how far the team has come.
I never predict points as I believe we can beat anyone if we play well.

Good luck to the lads. C'MON YOU SHRIMPERS!

Back