• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next local celeb to be linked to the consortium

Next celeb to be linked to the consortium?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
I’m enjoying the local celebrity flavour of this bid as so far we’ve had Peter Taylor, Ray Winstone and the Rock.

Who’s next? Dame Helen Mirren or Olympian Mark Foster? Will Rachel Riley be calculating the numbers or
Penny Picker Steve?

It is no coincidence that Essex based super cyclist Mark Cavendish is retiring from world sport to concentrate on his new found love of SUFC having been introduced to them by fellow peloton Essex Brit Alex Dowsett.
They hope to bring their experience in endurance sport and especially injury/ training methods into the football sphere.
Dowsett recently recieved lowdown on supporters dreams from Eric at Richardson's Cycles Leigh who has been a fan for over 50 years.

I went for Bollo from Mighty Boosh but could just as easily be Penny Picker Steve.

Exciting times 😍

I am surprised (pleasantly) the likes of Danny Dyer and Mark Wright haven't thrown their hats into the ring.

Eddie Hearn is too shrewd, and probably don't have the time to be involved which is a shame as he is a very good businessman.

I didn't go to school with any of them so I've not heard anything.

My Mum did used to teach Kara & Hannah Tointon though, so definitely them.

It is no coincidence that Essex based super cyclist Mark Cavendish is retiring from world sport to concentrate on his new found love of SUFC having been introduced to them by fellow peloton Essex Brit Alex Dowsett.
They hope to bring their experience in endurance sport and especially injury/ training methods into the football sphere.
Dowsett recently recieved lowdown on supporters dreams from Eric at Richardson's Cycles Leigh who has been a fan for over 50 years.

That would be a dream combination! Tao Geoghan Hart is a Hackney boy I think so he might like to put in a few quid as well.

Seeing Cavendish at Roots Hall would be superb ..... sadly I suspect he will be too busy with the Giro & then the Tour de France to really take an interest.

I’m enjoying the local celebrity flavour of this bid as so far we’ve had Peter Taylor, Ray Winstone and the Rock.

Who’s next? Dame Helen Mirren or Olympian Mark Foster? Will Rachel Riley be calculating the numbers or
Penny Picker Steve?
It won't be Rachel Riley that's for sure.Her Dad (who I used to play with) is a MU fan.Mum, Celia,has been seen in the DB at times,back in the John Maine era and since ,who she used to work for,mainly for charity purposes.

Steve Wright, ex-Eastwood High lad with a bit of time on his hands and a few bob of licence fee in his back pocket.....?

Back