• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Next Manager in?

Simple. Would love Next manager to be........?

• Mark Bentley

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • A Nother

Votes: 43 14.7%
  • Stan Collymore

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • Steve Tilson

Votes: 35 11.9%
  • Neil Smith

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • Darren Currie

Votes: 100 34.1%
  • Graham Coughlan

Votes: 23 7.8%
  • Mark Stimson

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • Adam Barrett

Votes: 29 9.9%
  • Ian Holloway

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • Uwe Rosler

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Sean O'Driscoll

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Graham Westley

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Neil Harris

Votes: 24 8.2%
  • John White

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Bart Griemink

Votes: 12 4.1%

• Total voters
Someone with experience and lots of connections who hasn't been out of a job for several years or a has-been. Not much to ask for right? :Unsure:

A quick look at out of work managers: Martin Allen, Keith Hill (did well at Tranmere and got sacked before the play-offs), and Graham Westley are a few names that come to mind.

Knowing Ron, he will probably go for Ian Holloway!! He used to manage in the Premier League right?

No one is going to want this job unless they are starting out.

Maybe Ricky Holmes as player manager?

Not too bothered about having a manager with a connection to the club, but would like some connections somewhere like assistant or DoF. Maher or Barrett would be great but I’m not sure we’d get them right now. Tilly has only just taken over at Heybridge and I’m not sure he’d jump ship this soon. Bentley is a good shout. I wouldn’t be against getting Timlin into the coaching set up either.

Last edited:
Ironically he is joint manager of Sheffield United under 23's with Graham Coughlan so must check the table to see they are getting on.
Currie and Coughlan’s roles with the U23s at Sheffield United were interim appointments while Paul Heckingbottom took charge of the first team. Heckingbottom returned to the role of Blades U23s manager in May.

That's interesting. If I did indeed see Jason tindall today then maybe it's him and currie (both Sheffield coaches)

Hasn't it been mentioned that Currie has been at quite a few of our recent matches? Not sure they're reliable rumours - I could be sitting next to him and wouldn't notice!

Currie and Coughlan’s roles with the U23s at Sheffield United were interim appointments while Paul Heckingbottom took charge of the first team. Heckingbottom returned to the role of Blades U23s manager in May.

Are they both unemployed? Wouldn't say no to them being manager and assistant manager.

Back