• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Next Manager in?

Simple. Would love Next manager to be........?

• Mark Bentley

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • A Nother

Votes: 43 14.7%
  • Stan Collymore

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • Steve Tilson

Votes: 35 11.9%
  • Neil Smith

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • Darren Currie

Votes: 100 34.1%
  • Graham Coughlan

Votes: 23 7.8%
  • Mark Stimson

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • Adam Barrett

Votes: 29 9.9%
  • Ian Holloway

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • Uwe Rosler

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Sean O'Driscoll

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Graham Westley

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Neil Harris

Votes: 24 8.2%
  • John White

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Bart Griemink

Votes: 12 4.1%

• Total voters
I would personally like to see someone with an affinity with the club. Of course, they need credentials too! But it needs to be someone with a vested emotional attachment to the clubs best interests, not just another managerial job and step on the ladder.

Tilson, Maher or Barrett for me. If we absolutely have to look outside of that remit, then Martin Allen would be an absolutely perfect fit in terms of getting the team by the scruff of its neck and and pouring some pride back into the club.

Tilson has been out of the game a while, probably has limited contacts within the modern game, but is an excellent coach, a fantastic man manager and has proven he can work successfully with Ron and Ricky Duncan. He also loves the club and will unite the fans. I truly believe he is the right appointment right now.

There must be many many recent ex high level pros who have done their badges and are hunting and hoping for a step onto the ladder.
I expect SVC will know a few, and know OF a lot more, and have a network of chat putting ideas forward.

Not barrett or maher, the crowd would turn on them after 3 bad results and ruin their legacy.

Ricky holmes or simon cox? What the flying f.

Nothing more id love then tilly coming back and doing the business, but i dont think he is right as no.1 anymore too long out of the game. Would love to see him involved in some capacity, coaching and or scouting perhaps.

Currie and coughlan i quite like the sound of. But coughlan doesnt want to be away from home does he? And he knows ron....

As others have said, id like to see a southend man as no.2 other then that i dont really care at the moment as long as they keep us up, and maybe appreciate the need for pace, creativity and scoring goals.

Whoever it is, I hope it doesn’t take 6 weeks like before.

I’m mildly concerned by the club statement saying that the search for a new manager starts now. Surely they should already have a few shortlisted.
It won't take six weeks.

And the club statement is just what is expected. The club cannot say they started looking 5 games back when the slide was evident can they realistically?

Bromley seem to be doing well under former Blues loanee Andy Woodman. I guess compo would be required.

They'd be a queue. A literally mile long queue.

Managers want to work. We are a big club with potential, thats massively attractive.

Dont under estimate the names that would want the job.
There will be a queue- but I’m not sure it will be a great in quality as it is in quantity. Look at the shortlist we ended up with when we appointed MM? And we were in the EFL.
The best managers will be in work (surprise, surprise). So it might not suddenly be full of star quality.

A concern is what happens in the meantime? Who is the caretaker manager- no one sticks out. RD? Not sure that is going to be great unless for a game or two? Who could step in?

Before we get a new manager we need a new chairman
Not happening. Move on. We have had enough damage done with this pre-occupation. Protests today moved back that cause with many “ordinary” supporters.

That would be like giving it to another Molesley but one who is a fan. We need someone who knows this league more than anything.
I don’t think we need someone who knows this league so much as someone who knows modern football. Admittedly that rules me out but there will be plenty of candidates waiting for an opportunity whilst dinosaurs like Brown keep getting opportunities based off a flukey promotion decade(s) ago.

Get someone ascending, prepared and motivated to make a name for themselves.

Back