• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Next Manager in?

Simple. Would love Next manager to be........?

• Mark Bentley

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • A Nother

Votes: 43 14.7%
  • Stan Collymore

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • Steve Tilson

Votes: 35 11.9%
  • Neil Smith

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • Darren Currie

Votes: 100 34.1%
  • Graham Coughlan

Votes: 23 7.8%
  • Mark Stimson

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • Adam Barrett

Votes: 29 9.9%
  • Ian Holloway

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • Uwe Rosler

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Sean O'Driscoll

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Graham Westley

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Neil Harris

Votes: 24 8.2%
  • John White

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Bart Griemink

Votes: 12 4.1%

• Total voters
I left a successful business to join another because of a relationship I had with the guy that had left before me. He was a true leader and sold me the dream. It worked out very well for all concerned! So perhaps similar. Can Stan sell the dream I don’t know but at least it’s showing us that they are looking for the best.
I would love it if we could get this guy I looked at his record as a manager and it’s impressive. I just hope the board can convince him though

I voted for Currie but in Cummings terminology, 'I don't have a scoobydoo' why it should be him.................apart from, he's not PB? Anyway, I hope the next choice will be a good one but nothing can be certain. I have faith in the new selection panel and trust they'll do the very best for the club.

Wouldn't it be a bit more classy to keep this information quiet. I can imagine Chesterfield fans, who have been nothing sort of amazing to us will be feeling understandably peed off now.

It was if I read it right an official request
Yes same here, doesn't mean that news has to be shared with the likes of the daily mail etc. I don't know how these things work of course but surely all parties would want this kept quiet, unless someone has leaked them for a few quid.

from a piece iread jame Rowe said if he went to Southend he would have a bigger playing budget to play with So maybe the 1.4 wage is not far wrong .And its bigger than chesterfield . He also said the terms have to be right for him to make the switch from a top 4 club to a bottom 4 club .no smoke without fire ???

On the face of it why would Rowe leave Chesterfield and come to Southend.It doesn't make sense.However we must think we have a chance hence the email.We all know if a manager wants to leave a club but under contract they find a way to leave.

Yes same here, doesn't mean that news has to be shared with the likes of the daily mail etc. I don't know how these things work of course but surely all parties would want this kept quiet, unless someone has leaked them for a few quid.
Blimey, Everyone wanted transparency, when they get that, they moan as well.

Interesting the article on the Mail suggests we, "a bigger budget at Southend", when Chesterfield had the funds to sign a Striker for £250,000 in the summer! It's not like Chesterfield are a small, non-league team punching above their weight they're a similar size club to us.
From what I recall a lot of the budget for Chesterfield this summer came from a business interruption insurance payout - that sort of largesse won't be long-lived.

Back