• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Next Manager in?

Simple. Would love Next manager to be........?

• Mark Bentley

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • A Nother

Votes: 43 14.7%
  • Stan Collymore

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • Steve Tilson

Votes: 35 11.9%
  • Neil Smith

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • Darren Currie

Votes: 100 34.1%
  • Graham Coughlan

Votes: 23 7.8%
  • Mark Stimson

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • Adam Barrett

Votes: 29 9.9%
  • Ian Holloway

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • Uwe Rosler

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Sean O'Driscoll

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Graham Westley

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Neil Harris

Votes: 24 8.2%
  • John White

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Bart Griemink

Votes: 12 4.1%

• Total voters
Chesterfield rejecting our approach is what you'd expect. It's now whether Rowe makes it clear to their chairman that he'd like the opportunity to speak to us. As Maldon Shrimper says, if a manager wants to leave a club but is under contract then ultimately they find a way to leave.

So now Chesterfield have rejected the approach, is that that? Can we still speak to him or can he approach us for the role? Basically we’re we just being polite but can do it anyway?

from a piece iread jame Rowe said if he went to Southend he would have a bigger playing budget to play with So maybe the 1.4 wage is not far wrong .And its bigger than chesterfield . He also said the terms have to be right for him to make the switch from a top 4 club to a bottom 4 club .no smoke without fire ???
Can’t believe he’d be remotely interested in leaving Chesterfield and the tremendous job that he’s doing there to lock horns with Ron. Not sure what sort of a budget he’s currently working with, but I suspect it’s one of the big ones in this league. Let’s not forget he’s spent decent money in the transfer market, since his appointment 12 months ago.

So now Chesterfield have rejected the approach, is that that? Can we still speak to him or can he approach us for the role? Basically we’re we just being polite but can do it anyway?
Nope, just as if this was a player under contract we legally cannot speak to them about playing for us.

I thought we were after realistic chances? Perhaps the thinking was, ' they just tonked us, the manager fits the criteria, we have no chance of getting him but it'll impress the fans'. Has being a Blues supporter made me cynical?

View attachment 17100And thats the end of that one…but nice try?

No real surprise that the approach has been turned down. However, I still have the belief that we wouldn’t have even made the approach without some sort of encouragement from Rowe or his people. I actually do agree that this is the end of this rather short story.. but as they say, there isn’t smoke without fire.

wonder if he was on stans list or this has come from elsewhere…he did say his options were ready to be interviewed..I hope Stan doesn’t get sidelined and is fully involved as this is smacks a bit of Ron ****ing in the wind again and the “committee” being bypassed

Sorry lads but youve got more chance getting Jurgen Klopp than James Rowe. Recently signed a new deal with us…******* a load in the transfer market. Settled with a new baby in Chesterfield. We are a club on the up and the exact same size so that wouldn’t be a factor either. Wouldn’t even entertain this ridiculous ’rumour’…all it is is a no e story for clicks by the media.
Agree with most of what you've said, aside from the bold bits. He is from South-East originally and no doubt has family and friends from the area. Also, and I speak from experience here, a baby doesn't tie you down to anywhere. Kids who have started school, sure, I can see that being a factor - not a baby.

As already mentioned, we are about as much "click bait", as the revelation of next years location which will host the national insurers association conference.

Could well have been leaked by Rowe.. nothing like leverage for getting a new deal (I know he's only recently signed one there but.. management is a fickle game and you have to cash in while you're in the ascendancy) or to let bigger clubs you're available..

Ok chesterfield has refused us to hold talks with us .But how many times has a club done this .And there manager has taken it in his own hand to say if you wont let me at least talk to another club .Then resigns .

I can’t see him leaving chesterfield I still would like him but I think we have to move on

Sorry lads but youve got more chance getting Jurgen Klopp than James Rowe. Recently signed a new deal with us…******* a load in the transfer market. Settled with a new baby in Chesterfield. We are a club on the up and the exact same size so that wouldn’t be a factor either. Wouldn’t even entertain this ridiculous ’rumour’…all it is is a no e story for clicks by the media.
Sorry not same size, we're a bigger club recently and more so potentially going forward

Back