• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
iread some threads on the England v Russia match and how many people think that RH is a dinosaur a manger past his time, i agree ,but some said there are no managers out there to replace him , I for one think there has to be, i can think of two that should be given serious considertion due to what they have achieved on limited resources at their respective clubs , im sorry but i dont know their names or where they are from ,i just respect what they have achieved , First one is the Manager of Bournemouth to get his club into the premiership was fabulous but to maintain there place there i think isgreat, the other well his club finished champions this season ,an absolutely fabulous result.there must be others because ofter the euros RH should retire , oh 3 draws wont be enough to get you through lol
.If there are others please enlighten me .

Not sure why Roy picked Sterling last night but find it even more baffling that he left it so late to withdraw him as it is clear he is well off his game at the moment hence his lack of game time at City. Whilst i like Eddie Howe he has had very little involvement in International football so feel more likely options are Gareth Southgate or Gary Neville although his breif stint at Valencia may not have helped his chances.

Never Southgate or Neville...not for a long time at least.
We must go "auslander" again,we have nobody.
Look what happened when the rugger team got an Aussie in,ditched the pom!!

Bookies say:
Gary Neville 8/1
Alan Pardew/Eddie Howe/Gareth Southgate 12/1
Arsene Wenger/Jose Mourinho 22/1
Mauricio Pochettino/Brendan Rodgers 25/1
Gary Rowett/Rafa Benitez/Ryan Giggs/Sam Allardyce 33/1

Of those, I'd guess Wenger, Mourinho, Pochettino and Rodgers would be unrealistic unless Roy stays until 2018. Neville and Giggs have no/next to no experience as managers. Rowett never managed above the Championship. Southgate had little success, doing okay with under 21s but is that enough? Howe only one season at the top level. That leaves Pardew, Benitez and Allardyce, none of whom are particularly exciting.

David Beckham is also 66/1.

This makes grim reading. https://m.oddschecker.com/m/football/football-specials/england/next-permanent-manager

Bookies say:
Gary Neville 8/1

Of those, I'd guess Wenger, Mourinho, Pochettino and Rodgers would be unrealistic unless Roy stays until 2018. Neville and Giggs have no/next to no experience as managers. Rowett never managed above the Championship. Southgate had little success, doing okay with under 21s but is that enough? Howe only one season at the top level. That leaves Pardew, Benitez and Allardyce, none of whom are particularly exciting.

This makes grim reading. https://m.oddschecker.com/m/football/football-specials/england/next-permanent-manager

Roy must be ******** himself looking at that lot.:facepalm:

Bookies say:
Gary Neville 8/1

cannot believe PB isn't in the reckoning.. :smile:

Never Southgate or Neville...not for a long time at least.
We must go "auslander" again,we have nobody.
Look what happened when the rugger team got an Aussie in,ditched the pom!!

So we import a new England manager from that renowned powerhouse of International football? Why didn't I think of that, it's brilliant.

Or we go Taylor,Mclaren again!!! or even Big Sam
there must be a reason English managers dont get big jobs in England,let alone around the world

Southgate for me. he's doing well with the youth and I think we have to have someone English. it's bad enough that cricket and rugby have Aussie coaches but to have all three would be bad

Southgate for me. he's doing well with the youth and I think we have to have someone English. it's bad enough that cricket and rugby have Aussie coaches but to have all three would be bad
So its worth sacrifing getting in a world class manager who could potentially take us to the next level in favour of chosing yet another average English manager just so we can say our manager is English.

So its worth sacrifing getting in a world class manager who could potentially take us to the next level in favour of chosing yet another average English manager just so we can say our manager is English.

spot on....sorry lets not talk about "pens":smile:

Peter Taylor had an unbeaten international record at both U21 and 1 full international. Incidently he also was the first Manager to give David Beckham the England Captaincy, good quiz question that along with who are the only team in the world to have a 100% record against Man U in competitive matches......who could that be :winking:

Sven and Capello certainly took us to the next level.. They was the world class managers of their time when appointed.
Capello had just been sacked by Real Madrid and was coming towards the end of his career, he was hardly 'the' world class manager of the time.

I'm not saying a foreign manager is going to make us world beaters overnight. I just think it's stupid to limit ourselves by hiring a less experienced and able manager just because they're English.

Peter Taylor had an unbeaten international record at both U21 and 1 full international. Incidently he also was the first Manager to give David Beckham the England Captaincy, good quiz question that along with who are the only team in the world to have a 100% record against Man U in competitive matches......who could that be :winking:

Us and MK Dons

If it's Harry Redknapp I will not be supporting or watching England until he leaves, same goes for that **** Pardew.

Back