• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

I will be meeting Steve Kavanagh from the club on Monday night. Paul Fitz will be representing the Trust and we will be obtaining answers to questions that have been forwarded for Ron Martin to read and answer.

I will be posting the answers as soon as it is possible.

Excellent news and really appreciate how quickly a second meeting has been arranged.
Never easy to get everyone together.

Good news. Are we still working through the numerous questions raised in the thread prior to the original meeting?

Good news. Are we still working through the numerous questions raised in the thread prior to the original meeting?

The first questions were taken from the thread but as we didn't have long before the match only a few were asked and answers posted in the thread.

I sent another 28 for consideration and answers in advance of the meeting Monday. Hopefully RM will answer as many as he possibly can.

Don't be too hostile, lads. We all know where in ****, and we all know why - the club costs more to run than it generates in income. Try to get a feel for how they see things though - is it **** they can deal with, or are they sweating themselves? It would be a good indicator of how bad the issues really are. I assume you're not daft enough to go in with a "why have we got no money?" attitude.

Don't be too hostile, lads. We all know where in ****, and we all know why - the club costs more to run than it generates in income. Try to get a feel for how they see things though - is it **** they can deal with, or are they sweating themselves? It would be a good indicator of how bad the issues really are. I assume you're not daft enough to go in with a "why have we got no money?" attitude.

But do the owners have the capability of meeting the deficit ?

We should be going in asking what are we doing about having no money. Going further and further into debt isnt an acceptable situation.

Without asking we wont know whether the situation is getting worse, it may well not be.

Whether we get any information is another thing all together.

But do the owners have the capability of meeting the deficit ?

We should be going in asking what are we doing about having no money. Going further and further into debt isnt an acceptable situation.

How on Earth do you suggest avoiding this? Move into technology? Dig for oil?

We're going to be getting more and more into debt for as long as we're a football club. Because that's what football clubs do.

I would like to ask Steve what he thinks of the clubs communication with its fans, and how he would describe the relationship ? My point being does he realise how disenchanted many fans are and how we feel the club treats us. I would use his recent statement as an example - stating that we had not brought anyone in for CM as Sturrock had not identified anyone. Its frankly so condescending to the supporters its untrue. We know we were under an embargo , Ron later admitted it so just be honest with us . Also there were going to be announcements with an 's' following the statement. We had the one about Steve joining , but I dot recall anything else. So again in trying to get us on side and to explain things he actually said nothing in his statement except to give us an untruth.

I think we can then start with Steve with a clean sheet, but its important that he understands the history from a FANS perspective, not the owners !

This new CEO is just a mouthpiece for Tefron. Do what I do when Tefron makes an announcement - ignore it!!.:nope:

I would like to ask Steve what he thinks of the clubs communication with its fans, and how he would describe the relationship ? My point being does he realise how disenchanted many fans are and how we feel the club treats us. I would use his recent statement as an example - stating that we had not brought anyone in for CM as Sturrock had not identified anyone. Its frankly so condescending to the supporters its untrue. We know we were under an embargo , Ron later admitted it so just be honest with us . Also there were going to be announcements with an 's' following the statement. We had the one about Steve joining , but I dot recall anything else. So again in trying to get us on side and to explain things he actually said nothing in his statement except to give us an untruth.

I think we can then start with Steve with a clean sheet, but its important that he understands the history from a FANS perspective, not the owners !

This new CEO is just a mouthpiece for Tefron. Do what I do when Tefron makes an announcement - ignore it!!.:nope:

So are you saying it's pointless engaging in dialogue with the club ?

At the end of the day the club needs support, especially those who turn up and pay money to watch and the fans need a team to support so, to me , it is common sense to talk to the club and tell them of the fans' misgivings and when that trust is restored hopefully more fans will attend and, with more monies in the kitty the team will be more successful.

The alternative is to continually moan about everything, not attend games because we don't like the chairman/manager/players ----- or anything else about the club and just watch it die.

At the end of the day the club needs support, especially those who turn up and pay money to watch and the fans need a team to support so, to me , it is common sense to talk to the club and tell them of the fans' misgivings and when that trust is restored hopefully more fans will attend and, with more monies in the kitty the team will be more successful.

The alternative is to continually moan about everything, not attend games because we don't like the chairman/manager/players ----- or anything else about the club and just watch it die.

Exactly , exactly , exactly .................. really don't know why you bothered to respond

A.

NO I didn't say that or even imply it in any way. I have no idea how you came to that conclusion from what I wrote. I think what you are doing is great and have made that abundantly clear in a previous thread

If it's not already covered in the questions sent it might be interesting to know, following on from the Freddie thread, whether there any financial implications PS has to take into account in team selection.

Back