• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next safe game?

Probably a good idea for anyone with youngsters to sit in the east for a while.
That'd bring the average age of that stand down to at least 70 if a few whipper snappers sat in the east.

The last game against Solihull Moors there was a load of phones being shone with their cameras (What was all that about) I'm sure a few of the elderly gents who sat in the east wanted to join in but didn't have a clue how to work their smartphones

It was the crowd movement, pushing and shoving.
With all due respect, if you choose that part of the ground to sit in then the chances of having people push, shove, swear and be a bit boisterous then the chances of an older/younger. Weaker person possibly being a bit intimidated would increase somewhat.

I am not saying its right but for gods sake use a bit of common sense and choose the other 95% of the stadium which is a lot quieter.

Good advice may go south upper. Usually am in w block wouldn’t of gone in there with him but would looked at seats in the west.

It's my Dad's 70th on Thursday and I've got him the 12th man package for Saturday's game, he doesn't know that yet and I also booked it months before the leaflet about protests were handed out. As much as I back any protest its typical that it's happening on this game as I want my Dad to enjoy the day considering he's been a fan for 60 odd years. On top of that I've got 15 family members also coming along. I also thought it would be good to take my eldest (6 years old) to her first game and to see her Granddad on the pitch etc so when I heard about the protests I am considering not bringing her along. I don't want her first game to be ruined by any angry people, although I'm just as angry with how the clubs being run. I've got seats in the East currently to try and be away from the majority of the anger but really not sure whether to bring her or not. Personally I don't think many will take part in any protest, much like the sit in where barely anyone stayed so I could be worrying for nothing. But on the flip side it could turn into a Chesterfield, although I don't think it will.
Hope your dads enjoys it

No shouting it my scare the very young and very old!
come on, you know thats not whats being discussed.

As a kid when i went the language and shouting and crowd participation were all part of the excitement. On field protests are a different thing.

And besides football isnt just for lairy 22 year olds. The very young and very old should not feel intimidated being there.

Ive sat in the east and west over the years and think it works well grouping the more vocal fans together in one part of the ground, and having areas where people just want to watch the football.

With all due respect, if you choose that part of the ground to sit in then the chances of having people push, shove, swear and be a bit boisterous then the chances of an older/younger. Weaker person possibly being a bit intimidated would increase somewhat.

I am not saying its right but for gods sake use a bit of common sense and choose the other 95% of the stadium which is a lot quieter.
It wasn't me in there but other people with children.

So what exactly is expected on the protest front on Saturday? Is it a pitch invasion, or is something else on the cards?

I hope, despite my disrespect for RM, that it doesn’t involve any pitch invasions. He won’t be there, he knows how we feel, and all it may do is affect team morale.
Keep the protest outside the ground, preferably after the game.

IMO he has the thickest skin known to man, and won’t budge until he achieves his “dream” despite what we do, but who knows what he will do next, he is that unpredictable.

Hi,

Just a simple one is the protests just for this next game?

This isn’t a post about wether I agree or disagree with the protests I get people think something needs to be done .

Reason I ask I wanna take my nephew who’s 5 to one of the up coming games but don’t think it’s a good atmosphere to be involved in people apparently turning up late Martin out chants ect. So wanna wait to take him when all calmed down.
Personally I would take him to any game and sit in the West Family section. It's down the other end of the stand to the Blue Voice and far enough away to make any chants almost unintelligible. He'll be more likely to get upset by the "She fell over" chants the kids in that block start up every time a visiting player goes down.

I'd also be amazed if a 5 year old was acute enough to pick up on a "Martin Out" chant as my experience of 5 year olds are that they have the attention span of a goldfish and will spend most of the time not paying attention after the first five minutes. You'll probably be more likely to be taking him to the loo every 10 minutes.

Personally I would take him to any game and sit in the West Family section. It's down the other end of the stand to the Blue Voice and far enough away to make any chants almost unintelligible. He'll be more likely to get upset by the "She fell over" chants the kids in that block start up every time a visiting player goes down.

I'd also be amazed if a 5 year old was acute enough to pick up on a "Martin Out" chant as my experience of 5 year olds are that they have the attention span of a goldfish and will spend most of the time not paying attention after the first five minutes. You'll probably be more likely to be taking him to the loo every 10 minutes.
One visit to those loos will put a stop to that!

I hope, despite my disrespect for RM, that it doesn’t involve any pitch invasions. He won’t be there, he knows how we feel, and all it may do is affect team morale.
Keep the protest outside the ground, preferably after the game.

IMO he has the thickest skin known to man, and won’t budge until he achieves his “dream” despite what we do, but who knows what he will do next, he is that unpredictable.
You obviously do not know Mr Martin. He is very very sensitive and tends to lash out verbally at any sort of constructive criticism or Otherwise. Sulker yes big time. He hides when he is under the spotlight and in amongst it all his ego lets him down every time.
His dream ? It is so near for HIM and yet so far away. Not long to go now before we find out whether he has done his regular wriggling, pleading and borrowing to secure another HMRC reprieve but even then how long before the next one?

Back