• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
Yes folks, next Saturday could be the day that Col Ewe can't mathematically catch our points tally.

They currently have 10 matches left and 28 points so mathematically they could get 58 points.
We currently have 54 points, also with 10 matches left.

So a win for us and a draw or defeat for them and it is the official "Lets all laugh at Col Ewe" day.

But please no early celebrating.

This is football you never know Col Ewe could win their last 10 matches and reverse their minus 39 goal difference and finish above us!!!!

This season we managed all six points from them and two 10k gates home and away. Throw in a bit of crowd interaction fairy dust and the mysterious case of the 'disappearing/don't do much' policemen, and you have SZ threads that run for ever. So whilst I don't want the cousins to get more points than us, I do want them to get enough to remain in FL1 next season. That way we can look forward to more fun and frolics at Roots Hall and the Airfix.

As long as they concede 100 league goals, my £2 will be safe!

Thats looking very likely RobM. :thumbsup: Hope you get a good return on the bet. I hope the bet wasnt on exactly 100 goals conceeded, as they will exceed that by far. Did the bet include all competitions? or just league goals.

They have currently conceeded 84 goals, with 10 games remaining, meaning they have to conceed another 16 goals, for most teams this would probably look unlikely, but if you compare their last 10 games as a comparison, they have conceeded
23 goals, thus bringing their total to 107 conceeded goals.

If it is in all competitions, they are already on 97 goals conceeded, with 10 games remaining, so you may as well set off & start walking down to the bookies now to claim your winnings. :smile:

This season we managed all six points from them and two 10k gates home and away. Throw in a bit of crowd interaction fairy dust and the mysterious case of the 'disappearing/don't do much' policemen, and you have SZ threads that run for ever. So whilst I don't want the cousins to get more points than us, I do want them to get enough to remain in FL1 next season. That way we can look forward to more fun and frolics at Roots Hall and the Airfix.

I agree - I would like to see Colchester stay up. A good home game and hopefully six points again next season. :thumbsup:

Totally agree with the above. The excitement of the Local Essex derby not to mention the 2 big gates and secondary spend at RH makes it a must that they stay up. However still hoping we might make the Play offs so who knows. Even if they did stay up we may not necessarily play them if we managed to get to the Championship.

I would also ideally like to face them again next season, should we not go up..... 6 points already in the bag and all that.

But to be honest, I think their already doomed, trying to make up the 9 points..... well 10 points needed really, as they are'nt going to survive by goal difference.
Thats without taking into account the Oldham V Blackpool game on tuesday night, which depending on the outcome could make matters even worse for them.
Then also added to that Oldham currently have games in hand over them.

Furthermore .... of their 10 remaining games of the season, 5 of them that they still have to face are:

Walsall
Coventry
Millwall
Burton
Barnsley

... Honestly must be a bridge to far them.

of their 10 remaining games of the season, 5 of them that they still have to face are:

Walsall
Coventry
Millwall
Burton
Barnsley

... Honestly must be a bridge to far them.
Let's wish them well then, maybe they can do us five big favours.

Let's wish them well then, maybe they can do us five big favours.

To be fair, you have a genuine point....I didnt look at it that way!

Crikeys... mid life crisis here.. does this mean i should be wishing Col Ewe to go on a winning streak until the end of the season?

Wheres the samaritans or "Esther Rancid" when you need them eh? :smile:

Thats looking very likely RobM. :thumbsup: Hope you get a good return on the bet. I hope the bet wasnt on exactly 100 goals conceeded, as they will exceed that by far. Did the bet include all competitions? or just league goals?

They have currently conceeded 84 goals, with 10 games remaining, meaning they have to conceed another 16 goals, for most teams this would probably look unlikely.:smile:

It was 100 or more league goals. Still looking good! I got 9/4 on Feb 3rd.

We have put up with 5 years of them gloating that they are league one and we was in league two .Its taken us 8 months to turn things on there head Good bye Col utd I hope it either takes you 5 years to get out of that league .Or better still one season to go back to the conference where you belong :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Drove past their stadium yesterday singing what's that coming over the hill it's relegation at the top of my voice,the missus looked at me in total bewilderment

On Thursday when I head to lowerstoft to live As I pass that **** pit I will slow down a LOL at the sad little Essex club with no supporters going backwards fast . :hilarious::hilarious:

I wouldn't normally gloat about any teams misfortune, he who laughs last and all that, but I still have the memory of gloating Col U fans singing what's that coming over the hill to us, and i won't forget it.
When we got promoted, I had two wishes, to finish above them and mid table security. For us to be performing so well, and for them to be struggling so badly is beyond my wildest dreams.
So if the circumstances arise on Saturday, I may be found having a little chuckle somewhere in the West stand.....no make that a full blown belly laugh, humour me and don't call the medics :smile:

Last edited:
Back