• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next Season’s Full Fixtures List Published

Don`t go down that road of the National league will be easy will games against Stockport Grimsby, Notts County, Chesterfield, Halifax, Torquay, Wrexham really be easy you will soon get a real surprise and many more sides like Barnet, Aldershot & Yeovil and then the not ex-league Clubs Bromley, Dagenham, Eastleigh all the best but don`t think for one minute you will get an easy ride.

Don`t go down that road of the National league will be easy will games against Stockport Grimsby, Notts County, Chesterfield, Halifax, Torquay, Wrexham really be easy you will soon get a real surprise and many more sides like Barnet, Aldershot & Yeovil and then the not ex-league Clubs Bromley, Dagenham, Eastleigh all the best but don`t think for one minute you will get an easy ride.
I don’t think anyone is expecting that. We’re more concerned about obtaining enough tickets in small grounds. That maybe less important if we start badly.

I have been looking at days and dates for first half of the season AND I believe Ron needs to complain LOUD and angry about fixtures.

Of the first 19 games we have 10 at home, with 5 being on a Tuesday and only 5 on a Saturday, of which one has had time of ko changed already.
All 9 away are on Saturdays with zero away Tuesday games.

We also play Bromley home and away either side of Barnet fixture.

Midweek home games will be down on crowd, especially when clashiching with TV Chumps League.

I haven't checked the 2022 fixtures but imo it is not a fair schedule.
So just 13 Saturday fixtures out of 22 at home, with only 5 before Xmas - 1 each month, and one of those could go if we get to the 2nd Round of the FA Cup (ha ha). And that’s before BT Sport start meddling. 4 Bank holidays, a Sunday and 4 Tuesdays ( all before Xmas).

3 Saturdays in February out of 4.

Not good if you only do Saturday home games!

Away from home - there are 16 Saturday Fixtures, 3 bank holidays and 3 Tuesdays (all after xmas).

They also like their Bank Holiday Monday Fixtures which follow a Saturday fixture - so 2 games in 3 days on a number of occasions.

It‘s not a very well balanced fixture list and of course with only 23 clubs there are two days when everyone else plays apart from us.

So we are missing a home game on Sat 25 September and an away game on Sat 7th May.

Last edited:
@Kris ,@Another Surrey Shrimper , @Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset and others, how does just 4, FOUR 3pm Saturday home league fixtures meet with your travel times for the rest of this year?
It depends on where I'll be working when the new season starts as I'm in between jobs at the moment. I'm lucky enough to be walking distance from Stratford or West Ham stations so the two routes via Prittlewell or Westcliff/Southend Central respectively are convenient enough for evening games, although that's based on working remotely, which I've been doing for the past two years.

Whatever, it's certainly not ideal travelling on a packed train at the moment so the lack of Saturday games is a pain in the backside.

@Kris ,@Another Surrey Shrimper , @Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset and others, how does just 4, FOUR 3pm Saturday home league fixtures meet with your travel times for the rest of this year?
It's a bit of a nightmare, I try to get to at least one game a month and if there isn't one localish (within 3 hrs one way) I'll make the journey to roots hall, I was eyeing the Stockport home match but a 5:20 kick off means I won't get home until 11pm at the earliest and most likely near enough midnight so it kinda rules that match out

It's a bit of a nightmare, I try to get to at least one game a month and if there isn't one localish (within 3 hrs one way) I'll make the journey to roots hall, I was eyeing the Stockport home match but a 5:20 kick off means I won't get home until 11pm at the earliest and most likely near enough midnight so it kinda rules that match out

Ridiculous kick off time.

We gotta get outta this place.

Dagenham are a former league side

Grimsby Home and away fixtures both been made Friday night games now

Kings Lynn home game moved to Friday 21st January …

Down to 10 Saturday 3pm kick offs now……

Anyone know when the calendar fixtures will be updated so the calendar download is automatically updated. My calendar doesn't show the Grimsby games being moved or the Kings Lyn game.

I'll have to do it manually and that normally doesn't end up to well

Back