• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Next season 2022-2023 expectations?

Where will will finish

• Champions

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Play-off places

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Mid table

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Struggling

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Relegated

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Bart

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My expectation is that we will be an attractive side to watch and mostly hard to beat.

In terms of where we will end up, well, I hope we are in one of the play-off places. Will we be strong enough to take a top or second spot? I'm not sure, as I would need to see who else is recruited, how solid the Club is financially and just how well the squad new and old, gels and performs as a unit.

It's going to be hard to get top spot...... Wrexham have in my opinion got 1 hand on the trophy. They are only going to get stronger over the summer months. Play off place will do me.

We will only know our true intent once further signings are made as we will need to improve all over the pitch to get into the playoffs

Difficult to gauge with the recruitment incomplete, but if a few of the other new arrivals are in the same quality bracket as the first two I think we'll flirt with the playoffs, maybe finishing 5th.

I’d be hoping for an outside shot at a top 7 push. Is that realistic?, probably not. 8th-12th perhaps. Small steps and all that. But as always it will boil down to him upstairs and his ability (or inability) to advance funds in full as and when required by Tom. Any carry on such as we’ve seen in recent years and we can forget any hope of a play off push.

Depends on the quality of the new signings and the hopeful improvement of the existing personnel. And more importantly Ron being able to finance the club and maybe a sponsor putting a decent cash injection in.

Might be worth a poll here mods?

As for me, it’s top 7. Anything below that is a failure, anything higher than 7th a success, regardless of what happens in the playoffs. One off games are hard to judge much by, so any playoff run would do me.

7th but still needs a couple of experience league 2/1 players,plus a couple of good loans.If we reach the playoffs next season,think the experience of 2 seasons in this league will then lead us back to the EFL I. Our 3rd season

I’m gonna go for just outside the playoffs next season, at the moment it may be changed depending on the rest of the transfers

Impossible to predict. In all my years of supporting the "Blues" most seasons you could never predict whether we would be relegated or promoted. Both seemed possible. However, the page I'm confident that has been turned, is that now, instead of trudging along to games out of a sense of duty and being pessimistic and constantly disappointed. I'm genuinely happy to go to as many games as possible and enjoy the experience, the atmosphere and be optimistic that we'll give a good account of ourselves and win games.

Top 7 is a realistic goal, although we would have to be consistent for the most part over 10 months, not 10 games. Can't wait for the fixtures to come out. Will be over in August and hope to see as many games as possible.

I genuinely have no expectations. I’m hoping we start the season well and then who knows. Summer isn’t over, nobody’s completed their transfer business yet and we most definitely need to strengthen further. I’m not sure what people are basing top 7 predictions on, other than pure hope, at the minute.

Last edited:
We have to be aiming for promotion, whether that's automatic or play offs. Hopefully, the three amigos will be putting the hard work in at the start of the season to ensure we get the momentum needed going early.

Back