• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Next season 2022-2023 expectations?

Where will will finish

• Champions

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Play-off places

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Mid table

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Struggling

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Relegated

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Bart

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm expecting a top half finish this season. Playoffs if things go well.

I look at this summer as a rebuild of the foundations of the team. I believe we still lack a real match winner....hoping Mooney may be that man?

Torquay been busy, also added Kieron Evans, Aaron Jarvis and Brett McGavin this evening.

From zero to five signings, bet there board was fretful for the last 6 weeks, if ours was anything to go by with 2 done in May!

I think we will finish around 7th ...

Depending on injuries, I think we could make the playoffs if we stay fit

I have a nagging feeling that if promotion was as simple as identifying cost effective young players from lower leagues then everyone would be doing it.
Yeah none of us know much about these players we are signing. They could be great, they could be poor. What is true is having up and coming players rather than on their way down players, it will give us some resale potential. We don't sell enough players, and that has partly led to where we are now.

So even if half of these new lads find the step up too much, if we get a diamond or two, we might finish 15th but we'll be financially secure for another year.

Take one game at a time.
Create a team with resilience .
Defend the back post giveaway goals
Have a much better points haul gained from promotion rival games.
Score more goals during good spells in a game.
Ideally Home wins 16 & 7 draws
Away 8 wins & 8 draws total 87 points

I predicted mid table last season, im predicting that we will at least have a go at the playoffs this season. just listening to Talksport and they are discussing NL. Aaron Mclean who i cant stand, never seems to give us any credit is on there. Here is a list of teams he thinks will be fighting a the top end:

Wrexham
Chesterfield
Daggers
Torquay
Solihull
Scunny
Oldham
Notts County
Borehamwood
Halifax

Not one mention for us, even when talking about ex league clubs. Now im happy with that, lets go under the radar, but it does annoy me when they talk about the big clubs in the league and there is no mention of us. We had what the 5th biggest average home attendance and one of the biggest away followings. Seems we dont get any credit at all at times

I predicted mid table last season, im predicting that we will at least have a go at the playoffs this season. just listening to Talksport and they are discussing NL. Aaron Mclean who i cant stand, never seems to give us any credit is on there. Here is a list of teams he thinks will be fighting a the top end:

Wrexham
Chesterfield
Daggers
Torquay
Solihull
Scunny
Oldham
Notts County
Borehamwood
Halifax

Not one mention for us, even when talking about ex league clubs. Now im happy with that, lets go under the radar, but it does annoy me when they talk about the big clubs in the league and there is no mention of us. We had what the 5th biggest average home attendance and one of the biggest away followings. Seems we dont get any credit at all at times

With these teams listed just goes to show how difficult this division is going to be this season

Back