• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Next season 2022-2023 expectations?

Where will will finish

• Champions

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Play-off places

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Mid table

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Struggling

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Relegated

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Bart

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Need to financially survive the next few (3 ish) months yet, which could affect any potential signings in the short term. By the time we get to a more financially settled place we could be more or less utilising what we have or close to it, unless any uncovered cheap gems pop up.
Much as I dont like saying it, the traditional 'I hope no one gets injured' start to the season could happen. I think we all know how that goes....
Maybe we're due a non injury, lucky, successful start by the law of averages.

So likelihood is we will start the season not fully prepared again in terms of playing squad (as we are very short of numbers at the moment, especially as we know injuries always happen). We can’t be given other teams a 10 game head start again……..

Need to financially survive the next few (3 ish) months yet, which could affect any potential signings in the short term. By the time we get to a more financially settled place we could be more or less utilising what we have or close to it, unless any uncovered cheap gems pop up.
Much as I dont like saying it, the traditional 'I hope no one gets injured' start to the season could happen. I think we all know how that goes....
Maybe we're due a non injury, lucky, successful start by the law of averages.
Would this affect players who have been offered but not yet accepted new contracts?

So likelihood is we will start the season not fully prepared again in terms of playing squad (as we are very short of numbers at the moment, especially as we know injuries always happen). We can’t be given other teams a 10 game head start again……..
yet weve been told 2 or 3 are close to signing (from those sources close to the club), added to the 2 already in we probably only need another 2 or 3 in and thats the squad complete. No need to panic and still plenty of time to get prepared ahead of the season both on and off the pitch. Weve probably had a slightly bigger overhaul of players than many in the league thanks to the **** shower left over from PB time in charge. Mooney and Miley already an upgrade on what we lost. If the next 4-5 to come in are of that quality and suggestions say they are we will have a good chance at the play offs for sure

Exactly, it shows that we clearly aren't in a position to mount a promotion push in the conference..... pretty embarrassing!

Serious club would have the majority of their business done and dusted before start of the season. We need 4/5 more signings to even be competitive for challenging for play offs.

Before hearing about our latest non-footballing problems, I would have been expecting/hoping for a higher points total than last season.

I now think that, bearing in mind how other teams are preparing, the league is going to be tougher and more competitive than ever. We will be likely to be starting the season with a smaller squad than we thought.

I have scaled down my hopes/expectations to, anything above the relegation places being okay.

If we start the season without any further additions we are still be in a better place compared to last season when it comes to quality. So I can't imagine us being in a relegation fight again

Reactions: RHB
We have made more signings than Wrexham at the time of this post, they too have a large footballing management team, so I am remaining confident that come the 1st July we will see some movement , which still leaves 5 weeks before we kick off. Hang in there peeps!

yet weve been told 2 or 3 are close to signing (from those sources close to the club), added to the 2 already in we probably only need another 2 or 3 in and thats the squad complete. No need to panic and still plenty of time to get prepared ahead of the season both on and off the pitch. Weve probably had a slightly bigger overhaul of players than many in the league thanks to the **** shower left over from PB time in charge. Mooney and Miley already an upgrade on what we lost. If the next 4-5 to come in are of that quality and suggestions say they are we will have a good chance at the play offs for sure

I don’t think we’ve had that big an overhaul this summer. It mainly looks big as we’ve binned the u23s. They make up most of the released players. Excluding academy products I think we actually had more first team squad departures the previous two off-seasons. Last year we only officially released about 3 first team players but we made token offers to the likes of Oxley, Bwomono, Lennon, Dieng, Halford and Holmes that weren’t taken up giving us a larger churn than this year.

Whilst there has been a squad overhaul under Maher and co it has been over a longer time frame - we’ve probably made more permanent signings during last season (Cardwell, Husin, Powell, Kensdale, Wood and, although he was subsequently released, Davies) than we will this summer. We’ve signed Mooney and Miley and will probably add a RWB, a CB and maybe another CM. Maybe a utility player as well. And maybe some of those positions will be filled by loanees instead.

Wrexham win their legal challenge against the NL for an extension to the registration period for players for the coming season.

Meanwhile Notts Co. make another useful looking signing:

Cedwyn Scott from Gateshead.

They are putting a good squad together and at the moment, my team to finish above next season.

Meanwhile Notts Co. make another useful looking signing:

Cedwyn Scott from Gateshead.

They are putting a good squad together and at the moment, my team to finish above next season.
They also signed 30 plus goal striker from gateshead.

I’d take McCauley Culkin’s strike partner if they could put the ball in the net
This is the Macauley the club needs.......

Macauley Bonne​

Bonne ended the season with two goals in 22 first-team appearances for Colchester.
He joined Leyton Orient and scored 49 goals in two seasons.
The O's won the NL in his second season.

Back