• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next season - all too familiar, thanks Ron

Chrisb

Forever Blue⭐⭐
So basically we are stuck with what we've got. I was fine with PB being given the manager's job as couldn't bear another of Ron's lengthy managerial recruitments, aided by dreadful input from Harry R. - we now have a manager who we sacked not so long ago but is still the best we could have hoped for. On the playing side, the players released have hardly played any games anyway so we are left mainly with a squad that has seen us relegated. Some of the youngsters are promising, and were probably introduced too soon by Sol, so hopefully will come good and let's hope we can get a striker or two. The sad thing is that we, as fans, have to be ok with this as we will struggle to attract new players because of our reputation so sticking with what we have is our best option. I hope it all comes good. Thanks Ron.

So basically we are stuck with what we've got. I was fine with PB being given the manager's job as couldn't bear another of Ron's lengthy managerial recruitments, aided by dreadful input from Harry R. - we now have a manager who we sacked not so long ago but is still the best we could have hoped for. On the playing side, the players released have hardly played any games anyway so we are left mainly with a squad that has seen us relegated. Some of the youngsters are promising, and were probably introduced too soon by Sol, so hopefully will come good and let's hope we can get a striker or two. The sad thing is that we, as fans, have to be ok with this as we will struggle to attract new players because of our reputation so sticking with what we have is our best option. I hope it all comes good. Thanks Ron.
All rosy in the SUFC garden as usual then ?

3 relegations in a row looks more likely than getting straight back to league football ?

I think we all need to calm down, the last few weeks has built up too much hype (unhealthily). It's gone and passed, we're moving on now, time to look forward and see what the next few months offer.

Things may look better in a few months or two, it wasn't meant too be for a reason that we'll never know why.

I'm sure brown will be able to bring players in and I'm sure work has already started interms of new recruits...... would envisage 6/7 new signings before national league starts! My hope is he brings in some quality and someone who can score 20 plus goals.

Guess I can dream :Thumbs up:

do you honestly expect anything to change, just get use to it and lets get on with it, we are stuck with Ron

there's no magic wand, nobody with money to spare to throw at us, and even if there was I doubt very much that Ron would sell up, too many debuts in too many pies for him to sell to anyone.

Can't even imagine what can of worms would be opened if he did

I think we all need to calm down, the last few weeks has built up too much hype (unhealthily). It's gone and passed, we're moving on now, time to look forward and see what the next few months offer.

Things may look better in a few months or two, it wasn't meant too be for a reason that we'll never know why.
Wrong. The facts will be revealed. Just give us, oops I mean it, a little more time.

Wrong. The facts will be revealed. Just give us, oops I mean it, a little more time.
Ooh I will go back to holding my breath then ?

Not really I am beyond caring anymore, after getting Stan out of the picture only a yes man or lady would stand any chance of a job so pretty pointless now.

As always the opportunity has been and gone ?

Ooh I will go back to holding my breath then ?

Not really I am beyond caring anymore, after getting Stan out of the picture only a yes man or lady would stand any chance of a job so pretty pointless now.

As always the opportunity has been and gone ?
I hear you nick12.

Have any clubs made a transfer at this point? Given the National League hasn't even finished yet I'm guessing not. Seems a bit early to be complaining about our lack of signings.

Our last two seasons we didn't have a manger at this stage, so things are completely different.

A couple of well blooded forwards by late August and a lean Matt Rush. Rather than a bored looking Humprhys and an unfit Kelman might add 30 points to last seasons total.

What has changed is that we have appointed a manager promptly and a decent pre-season period has been planned.
What has not changed is that our wretched hierarchy remains and our name is still mud with other clubs, agents, HMRC etc.
Oooooh when did our name elevate to mud status from ??

I missed that one ?‍♂️

Last edited:
i guess for the first week or two .The managers job is to try to get the players he had re signed first once that has been done he will probable move on to players he wants to join the club .But he only has six weeks to do all this .So i guess we will have to trust Phil Brown on this .

Back