• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question 2022-23 National League - full team lineup and season predictions

I can see Halifax being mid table next year, looks like Wild will be on the move and if he goes I am sure he will take a couple of players with him.

I think Solihull will depend on keeping Ardley and may even stand a chance of going up, but hopefully not and Wrexham will win through.

Teams I would expect to be challenging for play offs or better next year:

Grimsby, Chesterfield, Solihull, Torquay, Notts County...and of course us.

So that's six teams.

Will Scunny or Oldham get their acts together and challenge, their fans fear not, especially Oldham fans.

Daggers could be up there, but they took 6 points off of us last season. If we can reverse that, where do they make those points up from? I think we can take more points off of Torquay, Maidenhead, Chesterfield and Aldershot. with one win against those teams and a "double" over Daggers that's 15 extra points and we have 2 extra games this season, win those as well and 23 extra points if we match results from the rest of this season, which would give us 81 points.

That is why I am hoping for play offs and looking forward to the season. Do that and not only do we finish at the top end of the table, but we also weaken the hopes of those around us..,

Believe.....UTB

Last edited:
Oldham don't sound like they will be able to compete financially, sound worse than we were behind he scenes.

"The club announced it would be the same as last season but that’s not really saying much given the embargo we were under last season limited all new signings to max £800pw.

I’d be surprised if they do keep it the same given home fans are boycotting, away attendances will probably be lower than last season, we’ll presumably get less money for being a division lower and the owner isn’t putting anything more in himself!"

Last edited:
I wonder if Chesterfield will be able to maintain their level of expenditure this coming season should they not go up. They had a big insurance payout back last summer which I'm not convinced they spent in a sustainable manner.

They had more knowledge of the National League and how to complete especially as they have the manager they got them out of this division as thier manager again. Our management team at the start of the season were clueless and our poor start really hindered our push for the playoffs
That’s so true non league needs a non league set up ( which we now have)

I can see Halifax being mid table next year, looks like Wild will be on the move and if he goes I am sure he will take a couple of players with him.

I think Solihull will depend on keeping Ardley and may even stand a chance of going up, but hopefully not and Wrexham will win through.

Teams I would expect to be challenging for play offs or better next year:

Grimsby, Chesterfield, Solihull, Torquay, Notts County...and of course us.

So that's six teams.

Will Scunny or Oldham get their acts together and challenge, their fans fear not, especially Oldham fans.

Daggers could be up there, but they took 6 points off of us last season. If we can reverse that, where do they make those points up from. I think we can take more points off of Torquay, Maidenhead, Chesterfield and Aldershot. with one win against those teams and a "double" over Daggers that's 15 extra points and we have 2 extra games this season, win those as will and 23 extra points if we match results from the rest of this season, which would give us 81 points.

That is why I am hoping for play offs and looking forward to the season. Do that and not only do we finish at the top end of the table, but we also weaken the hopes of those around us..,

Believe.....UTB
Halifax have a lot of key players contracts expiring at the end of the season according to Transfermarkt, which can be hit or miss at our level especially when clubs don't release contract lengths. Will be interesting to see who leaves, especially if their manager leaves.

Daggers were 1 point away from the play-offs this season and if they can keep their key players then they could make that push.

Chesterfield without Tshimanga have been a mid-table team. Will they be able to invest like they did last summer? With the salary cap, I'm not so sure.

Halifax have a lot of key players contracts expiring at the end of the season according to Transfermarkt, which can be hit or miss at our level especially when clubs don't release contract lengths. Will be interesting to see who leaves, especially if their manager leaves.

Daggers were 1 point away from the play-offs this season and if they can keep their key players then they could make that push.

Chesterfield without Tshimanga have been a mid-table team. Will they be able to invest like they did last summer? With the salary cap, I'm not so sure.
We probably make an raid on Dagenham best players, if John Still get his way, he the one who scouted & signed them for Dagenham.

We probably make an raid on Dagenham best players, if John Still get his way, he the one who scouted & signed them for Dagenham.

We tried that last summer. Apart from Ogogo they either didn't want to join or Dagenham offered them more money to resign. £300 per week in one case.

Lets hope the don't raid Southend this summer, there could be a reality pandemic in Southend.

We tried that last summer. Apart from Ogogo they either didn't want to join or Dagenham offered them more money to resign. £300 per week in one case.

Lets hope the don't raid Southend this summer, there could be a reality pandemic in Southend.
I be surprised if they do that, who want to go to tinpot club with no crowds, unless we bring 3k of us to them!

That was under Phil Brown & the club was rotten to the core. With John Still on our side, he probably on the phone ? to their players if they fancies joining us.

Confirmed that Pete Wild has now left Halifax. Wonder where he will end up and if he will take any players with him.

Confirmed that Pete Wild has now left Halifax. Wonder where he will end up and if he will take any players with him.

Happened quicker than l thought. Didn't Take him long. Barrow maybe?

Halifax **** poor crowds make his mind up I reckon. I can see 3 out 6 side in play off will struggle next season into an mid table or bottom half side. Solihull Moors talents will get picked up by club from higher division & Chesterfield s*** form in 2022 is bottom half form, I wouldn’t rule them out struggling to reach top 7, if they fail to go up. It’s important Wrexham get out of this league, give us an better chance of going up.

That was under Phil Brown & the club was rotten to the core. With John Still on our side, he probably on the phone ? to their players if they fancies joining us.

PB wasn't the problem attracting players.....the clown running the show sponsoring self relegation did that for us long before PB was involved.

PB wasn't the problem attracting players.....the clown running the show sponsoring self relegation did that for us long before PB was involved.
I reckon it's time to migrate to next season now @WestyReturns . Tom Lawrence is running things day to day and we are all well aware of your opinions on Ron. Very relevant in their place, but maybe not this thread?

Dagenham have been well funded by different people over the years. They did have a dip after one of them withdrew his £1m per year sponsorship. He got fed up with fans moaning and demanding more. Then they got their act together for the second half of 20/21

Lets hope they don't comfortably beat us 3 times next season. Lest also hope our signings are better than theirs other wise they will finish comfortably above us again. We don't want their fans will be laughing at us again and anyone calling them tin pot will look stupid.

Valid point, but I think the the fact we now have football people running the football side of the club has proved the value in what I would have thought was basic logic. However has been said many times when did logic ever run a football club, or out way the size of an owners ego at any club.

We are now in such a better place fortunately.

Halifax **** poor crowds make his mind up I reckon. I can see 3 out 6 side in play off will struggle next season into an mid table or bottom half side. Solihull Moors talents will get picked up by club from higher division & Chesterfield s*** form in 2022 is bottom half form, I wouldn’t rule them out struggling to reach top 7, if they fail to go up. It’s important Wrexham get out of this league, give us an better chance of going up.
Chesterfield are light on strikers through injuries, so it seems for the rest of the Play Off campaign, so very big likelihood they will be in the division next season,. My observation on the back half of their season is that their key player was out with a serious injury, Tshimanga. Whilst one player doesn't make a team to lose him and their other injuries no doubt played a big part in the second half of their season.

It will be interesting how he comes back next season and whether he can get through the season uninjured.

Back