• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question 2022-23 National League - full team lineup and season predictions

New grounds for me next season:

Wrexham - if not promoted
Halifax - if not promoted
Barnet
Maidstone
Gateshead
Dorking - if promoted
York/Boston - if promoted

Not too many, got most out of the way this season.
Only got Gateshead, any from NS, Boston (?) if promoted, Bromley, Eastleigh, Solihull, Wealdstone, Maidenhead, Wrexham and Chesterfield to go.
Am going to punt on one from Wrexham and Chesterfield going up; the former more likely, but the rest?
Will do Gateshead for family reasons, but that non-league bunch in every sense doesn't inspire, does it?
Did anyone go to those grounds - and enjoy them, or the day?

It's great that the likes of Maidstone and hopefully Ebsfleet are coming up but it's going to be hard to get tickets.

Maidstone only holds around 4500 and I'm sure we will only get about 1000 tickets there.

The away points scheme hasn't exactly worked well.
Last time we were in the National League the Maidstone away allocation was 600. That dropped to 300 for Kent derbies on police advice, but I would expect it to rise again. Maidstone and Dorking both have something Ebbsfleet lacks, a decent town centre with pubs and shops. You get the corner to the right of the black netting.

Last time we were in the National League the Maidstone away allocation was 600. That dropped to 300 for Kent derbies on police advice, but I would expect it to rise again. Maidstone and Dorking both have something Ebbsfleet lacks, a decent town centre with pubs and shops. You get the corner to the right of the black netting.

Tidy little ground that.

But we could do with the whole terrace.

We are massive after all.

Looks decent but far too small. We would definitely fill that whole terrace. Disappointing that many fans will miss out.

Only got Gateshead, any from NS, Boston (?) if promoted, Bromley, Eastleigh, Solihull, Wealdstone, Maidenhead, Wrexham and Chesterfield to go.
Am going to punt on one from Wrexham and Chesterfield going up; the former more likely, but the rest?
Will do Gateshead for family reasons, but that non-league bunch in every sense doesn't inspire, does it?
Did anyone go to those grounds - and enjoy them, or the day?

Solihull moors the dark horse ?…

Eastleigh is in the middle of nowhere. Walking through fields to get there in the dark was absolutely ****. Also is like a 30 min walk from Eastleigh TC and 20 from SA station.

Solihull also middle of nowhere miles from TC and station. That far out that we took the train back from Birmingham International Airport train station to get back.

Wealdstone awful but at least in London, was in the home end. Ran out of food. Disappointing.

MAIDENHEAD was at least in TC and near station. They gave us the pokiest allocation in a corner.

Not looking forward to any next season

Welcome to ShrimperZone @Marco. Feel free to join us when you want to join in a debate and keep posting buddy.

To be honest, I want Wrexham to get out of here! Ebbsfleet & Boston to come up.
Agreed although I’d rather have York. It’s further but it’s an easy train journey - quick too - and a nicer day out than Boston IMO.

@Cricko will say he doesn’t know why I’m wasting my breath as I made it to so few games this year, but next year will be a different story in more ways than one hopefully :LoyalSupporter:

I am not going to York again I don't care what anyone says. I am not doing it for fk sake

For the new ground I need to to even though I really can’t be arsed and it’s miles out of town…

For the new ground I need to to even though I really can’t be arsed and it’s miles out of town…

At least it's an easy journey. Two hours on the train from Kings Cross then a ten minute bus journey to the ground. The cost of the bus journey is £3.50, so relatively reasonable.

At least it's an easy journey. Two hours on the train from Kings Cross then a ten minute bus journey to the ground. The cost of the bus journey is £3.50, so relatively reasonable.
Nice one Mr B. Hope they have lots of busses for the journey back

Hopefully Ebbsfleet & Boston to go up. Don’t care who the club are, I just want 12 points off them next season.

York and ebbsfleet for me.

York is a great weekender and Ebbsfleet will give us a nice easy away day and good allocation.

I also hope the club are in for Rutherford at Dorking. Better chance if they stay put.

Back