• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question 2022-23 National League - full team lineup and season predictions

2-0 Jeff King scores a scorcher against his former team. Looks like Chesterfield going through and probably deservedly so.....

.... *hits post & Halifax score* 2-1 now, can we get some drama to rival last night?

Nothing special about either side tonight, Khan looked okay tall, mobile but not much of a back tracker for our system but okay when Chesterfield play with a 4 at back.

Tonight's game not a patch on last night's Chesterfield just done enough.Be interesting to see who goes through on the weekend.

They stated that Halifax finished the regular season 19 points better off than last season. (2 extra games played).

19 extra points would give us 77 points, which should give us a play off place, so that is a figure I will be bearing in mind for next season for us......as a minimum.

Last nights goals were all set pieces and tonight continuing that.
Something we have been really poor at for several seasons.

How many free kicks or corners or have we scored from. Either direct shot, headed in or headed down for someone else ?

Stockport scored most of their goals against us in that last game from a direct header and 3? headed down in the box. We have score that many in a season. Then add throws in the final 3rd, were we are more likely to concede from a break.

Its not a magical 12 a season midfielder we need but someone who can strike a decent dead ball or cross without hitting the first man. We have to give the likes of Cardwell the service he needs. As we see at Aldershot and Woking, if you put a half decent ball in he will make it count.

Looks like Oldhams north stand will be closed for next season over safety concerns. There stadium must be falling apart quicker than ours. I think they will struggle in this division

Not been to Solihull, Chesterfield or Wrexham, so need Grimsby to go up, lol!

Even then, it makes me wonder how we ended up as we did in November, knowing the Mariners were the only side in the FL below us in 2020-21!

Last edited:
No! Want Wrexham to get out of NL, to give us an chance next year!
Not been to Solihull, Chesterfield or Wrexham, so need Grimsby to go up, lol!

Even then, it makes me wonder how we ended up as we did in November, knowing the Mariners were the only side in the FL below us in 220-21!

Definitely Wrexham to go up.They will be smarting from the Trophy defeat to Bromley and will want to put the record straight. But they have a difficult game against Grimsby first

I would prefer Wrexham to stay in the NL. Good to have a clear favourite with all the attention focused on them.

We finished 36 points behind Stockport so even a top 5 finish would be great next season. Delusional posts about "We don't deserve to be in the NL" or "Don't want the lottery of play-offs"......Well guess what we do deserve to be here and if you wan't young players we can develop then don't expect to win the division.....The only time we have won L2 and L1 it was the last thing we expected the summer before.

Last edited:
I would prefer Wrexham to stay in the NL. Good to have a clear favourite with all the attention focused on them.

We finished 36 points behind Stockport so even a top 5 finish would be great next season. Delusional posts about "We don't deserve to be in the NL" or "Dot want the lottery of play-offs"......Well guess what we do deserve to be here and if you wan't young players we can develop then don't expect to win the division.....The only time we have won L2 and L1 it was the last thing we expected the summer before.
It's delusional to say we don't want the lottery of play-offs?
Malapropos, it's reasonable to say we DO want the play-offs? That's not logical. Surely, we want automatic promotion? I agree, it's going to be hard, but we're hoping for the ideal, right?
As said already, based on results, we deserve to be in the NL, but the club and fans were let down massively by mismanagement.
Even so, a club with decent resources for the NL together with a big fanbase deserves better.
So please point out what's 'delusional' about that.
Actually, hold that thought: you're right.
Let's wait until young players develop sufficiently well to win back our EFL place.
Any future season in mind?

I will be Wrexham fan for their next two games (If they make the play off) & hope they get out of there. They will spend loads to try and finish top. They had an strong 2022, with additional in summer, that 1 promotion place already sealed.

Back