• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question 2022-23 National League - full team lineup and season predictions

Dartford lose on Pens - Chippenham through

Kidderminster out - Boston through

York through

Oxford City through

Brackley/AFC fylde/Ebsfleet/Dorking still in…
Would like to see Ebbsfleet come up selfishly, as I'm moving to Rochester in a couple of weeks and would love to have local away games there and at Maidstone. Would be interesting to see Oxford City come up though something a bit differen - need them to turn Dorking over in the next play-off game too to increase our chances of bagging Alfie Rutherford.

Brackley maybe from the North as its not really north at all. York also a relatively big club. Boston looked handy at Farsley when I watched them last weekend.

Disaapointing to see Dartford miss out. Nice easy away day and we would have filled it right out.

Reactions: GBJ
With Kidderminster gone, that means the 4 promoted teams will all be “new grounds” for The Blues. Although we have played league games at Maidstone, Boston United and York City, they have all moved grounds since then. We have never played at Gateshead, Brackley, Fylde, Ebbsfleet, Dorking, Oxford City or Chippenham in a competitive game.

Would like to see Ebbsfleet come up selfishly, as I'm moving to Rochester in a couple of weeks and would love to have local away games there and at Maidstone. Would be interesting to see Oxford City come up though something a bit differen - need them to turn Dorking over in the next play-off game too to increase our chances of bagging Alfie Rutherford.

Brackley maybe from the North as its not really north at all. York also a relatively big club. Boston looked handy at Farsley when I watched them last weekend.

I see you can get a train from Strood to Maidstone Barracks. So if that game is on a normal Saturday I will be looking at possibly boat from outside my house to Rochester.

If Ebbsfleet come up thats also a potential boat trip.

Personally want York and Ebbsfleet . York have a new ground and Ebbsfleet fairly local

I see you can get a train from Strood to Maidstone Barracks. So if that game is on a normal Saturday I will be looking at possibly boat from outside my house to Rochester.

If Ebbsfleet come up thats also a potential boat trip.

surely all home games are a mere 10 miles away by boat ?

We have never played at Gateshead, Brackley, Fylde, Ebbsfleet, Dorking, Oxford City or Chippenham in a competitive game.
Oxford City, where Bobby Moore cut his managerial teeth, where Harry Redknapp once brought on a moaning fan from the crowd during West Ham's pre-season friendly there (the fan duly scored) and where Phil Brown was recently told 'thanks but no thanks' after a less than impressive interview for their vacant manager's role.

If Chippenham get promoted tickets could be a issue as stadium capacity is about 3000 and away allocation about 450 according to football ground guide

Would hopefully be able to get in the home end. Any idea of the average attendance?

They literally snuck into playoffs last day and took out Dartford who had 15 more points than them.

Some story!

With Kidderminster gone, that means the 4 promoted teams will all be “new grounds” for The Blues. Although we have played league games at Maidstone, Boston United and York City, they have all moved grounds since then. We have never played at Gateshead, Brackley, Fylde, Ebbsfleet, Dorking, Oxford City or Chippenham in a competitive game.
If anyone though Maidenhead was a poor stadium, Oxford (with it‘s sloping plastic pitch), Dorking (barely meets Conf South ground grading) and Chippenham (another sloping pitch) might alter your opinion. Fingers crossed Ebbsfleet are promoted!

Would hopefully be able to get in the home end. Any idea of the average attendance?

They literally snuck into playoffs last day and took out Dartford who had 15 more points than them.

Some story!
Dorking average 1,300, Chippenham 500 and Oxford 622. None of these 3 clubs have much of an away support

Delighted Gateshead are back in the NL, and not just because there is a tribe of CPM relations that are Geordies!
Otherwise, any team close to a railway station: the nearer the better!

Some story!
Me and a few mates went to their last game at Havant they needed the win to make play offs while a point would have kept Havant in last play off place.Havant were better side for 60 minutes but Chippenham took the lead and are now 2 wins from national league

Me and a few mates went to their last game at Havant they needed the win to make play offs while a point would have kept Havant in last play off place.Havant were better side for 60 minutes but Chippenham took the lead and are now 2 wins from national league
This is unreal. I won’t ask how you ended up there which is some story in itself but 2 games and we could be playing them is great.

I’m sure Ebsfleet or Dorking will be too strong for them but…

This is unreal. I won’t ask how you ended up there which is some story in itself but 2 games and we could be playing them is great.

I’m sure Ebsfleet or Dorking will be too strong for them but…
Yeah I think you are right regarding Ebbsfleet and Dorking.I like doing some groundhopping when possible so get about a bit

Back