• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kiernan must be the SPL CB?
SPL CM ? Harry Forrester?

I believe Rangers have also released Joseph Dodoo, who was a big prospect at Leicester - although his career may now be dead as a...

If we only sign those 3 (ie) Kiernan Hendrie and Forrester for the same wages as those we have lost then I still think that would be very good business. Better to have more quality and a smaller squad.

Totally agree.

You only need 11 players on the pitch and a few subs. The rest are bit players and fill-ins.

Look at the likes of O'Neill, Hines, Nouble and so on last season. Plus Amos on loan. We actually didn't need them at all.

We'd have been better having a few younger players on the bench of our own.

So three offers on table that we are trying to close before Fri- CB and MF (winger) at Scottish Prem club (suggested to be Kiernan & Forrester) and CM at Championship club (not sure who)
And now CB at Championship Club
Plus of course Hendrie

So activity seems to be hotting up..perhaps...fingers crossed.

The only thing that makes my blood run cold is the statement about it being in their agents hands..

So three offers on table that we are trying to close before Fri- CB and MF (winger) at Scottish Prem club (suggested to be Kiernan & Forrester) and CM at Championship club (not sure who)
And now CB at Championship Club
Plus of course Hendrie

So activity seems to be hotting up..perhaps...fingers crossed.

The only thing that makes my blood run cold is the statement about it being in their agents hands..

Thought that was Pratley?

In an ideal world we would have all our signings in place for them to benefit from pre-season but out-of-contract players these days will already be hard at work with personal trainers and will be keeping themselves in shape. The bonding with their new team mates obviously can't happen but the fitness aspect is not so much of an issue any more.

Players increasingly need to find the best deal they can get - the disparity between leagues in financial terms is growing every year and players are prepared to sit and wait especially if they think they might still get an offer from a higher league.

If you're a Rob Kiernan or a Harry Forrester (picking out two names we have rightly or wrongly been linked with) you have offers on the table from L1 club but you could easily still get interest from the Champo and double or triple your wage as a result - you wouldn't quibble about spending a grand on a personal trainer for another fortnight to keep your options open.

Any signs of signing a striker? We would start the season with Cox, Fortune and Robinson with Ranger to come along at some time. Is that enough - quite probably.

Hash tag: IwouldhavekeptholdofHines

Any signs of signing a striker? We would start the season with Cox, Fortune and Robinson with Ranger to come along at some time. Is that enough - quite probably.

Hash tag: IwouldhavekeptholdofHines
Expect we'll bring a kid in on loan late on to cover for Ranger and add a bit more depth.

I would imagine we may see a couple of trial/free agents that could fill a spot on a short term contract come in

I would imagine we may see a couple of trial/free agents that could fill a spot on a short term contract come in.

I would always consider keeping some of the budget back for just such a scenario - the odd player who becomes free and we can snap them up. That's how we got Lenny wasn't it?

Back