• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next Season..

Next Season.. - What do you expect ?.

• Champions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Top Three

• Play Offs

• Top Half

• Mid Table

• Bottom Half

• Avoid Relegation

• Total voters

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
I know its early, and there is a lot of things that havent been decided at the club yet but whats the least you expect from the boys next season??..

Me personally i would like to think a play off place is by no means beyond us and maybe at a push top three..

So whats yours??...

rock.gif

You said it all. Too early. Too many factors. What happens between now and the end of July could really make the difference between another relegation fight or automatic promotion.

With teams like Wycombe and Notts County coming down and Oxford, Yeovil, Northampton etc still likely to be in the division I think that the top three will be amongst those teams.

The most we can sensibly expect with a very limited budget and small squad is play-offs.

Next season I expect a nice topcoat in burgundy blue; it is apparently going to be that season's new mauve ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 28 2004,09:58)]Where's the option for if you think we will get relegated?
OY!

I'm the pessimist around here!

Try saying pessimist when you are two sheets to the wind!
biggrin.gif

Not being a pessimist either but don't we have high hopes for the team at the start of every recent season. Everyone says next year will be our year, good squad, i can see promotion. Let's hope next season it is not just talk and it really can happen. Play-offs are not beyond us.

One shouldn't "expect" anything when it comes to Southend... you'll only end up disappointed.

I hope we'll be top-half - maybe even play-offs. But I certainly don't expect it to happen... I'll just wait and see.

A lot hinges on whom we manage to hold on to in the close season, as well...

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 28 2004,11:33)]One shouldn't "expect" anything when it comes to Southend... you'll only end up disappointed.

I hope we'll be top-half - maybe even play-offs.  But I certainly don't expect it to happen... I'll just wait and see.

A lot hinges on whom we manage to hold on to in the close season, as well...

Matt
Spot on.

Agree with matt completely! Far too early to say and so much can still happen between now and the new campaign! Personally I thought this season was going to be a promotion year with all the pre season hype last summer and look how wrong I was??

Another season of team gelling?

I wager quite a few will be 'gelling' elsewhere come next season.

There's only one thing that will guarantee us a slice of the big prize next season and that is the owners shoving their hands into their pockets and coming up with a decent amount of cash to buy a handful of talent that would augment the two or three decent players we have in the squad already. If not, then I'd wager on more mid-table obscurity ...

WS

it's not always sticking your hand in your pocket you know. People want returns on their investments and we may be better funding purchases with money from the fans (gate receipts), making a more solid base and an creditor that would never call time on the club.

Not confusing expectation with hope......

Tilson and Brush will be in charge of a side in the playoffs, which playoffs I am not too sure but it will not be with us.

Southend United
struggle, not to avoid relegation, but to find somewhere to play their combined counties league games.

When Delancey pull the plug because the B&Q plan is refused and the B&L development is scuppered Roots Hall will be developed to enable some of the losses to be recouped.

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 29 2004,12:00)]... we may be better funding purchases with money from the fans (gate receipts) ...
Yep, 'cos an average of 4,337 per game really swells those coffers ...

WS

Back