• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

But at the end of the season he will be contract free. Will only cost an interested club a tribunal fee which will be far less than what he would've cost them anyway. So for that reason he will attract interest from more clubs and even may get himself a Prem move. Everton will be looking for a keeper with Howard looking to be off to the MLS, may take a punt?

I would seriously doubt a Premier League team would come in for him - if they do it'd only be as No.2. Aren't we guaranteed over £1M due to the QPR bid.

I would seriously doubt a Premier League team would come in for him - if they do it'd only be as No.2. Aren't we guaranteed over £1M due to the QPR bid.

Not sure don't know the ins and outs of it. Would that really harm him being a no.2 at a Prem club? Go out on loan to the champ and then work his way in like Jack Butland.

Not sure don't know the ins and outs of it. Would that really harm him being a no.2 at a Prem club? Go out on loan to the champ and then work his way in like Jack Butland.

Of course not, especially if he's going to be paid £stupid per week.

Not at all, in fact we won't get anywhere near that at a tribunal. Which is why we should have snapped QPR's hands off at the time as we'd have bagged a 7-figure sum PLUS we'd have been able to negotiate our own sell-on (which would have been a massive plus).

Not at all, in fact we won't get anywhere near that at a tribunal. Which is why we should have snapped QPR's hands off at the time as we'd have bagged a 7-figure sum PLUS we'd have been able to negotiate our own sell-on (which would have been a massive plus).

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/10/transfer-tribunal-danny-ings-liverpool-burnley

This article explains the factors that are considered when fixing the compensation payable when a young player moves to another club at the end of his contract.

The QPR bid along with any others that can be substantiated certainly plays an important part in setting the compensation due. As does international team involvement, the player's age, time spent with us, first team appearances for us, and the terms offered both by us and the club he moves to.

Previous decisions have included healthy payments due immediately and staged payments when potential is achieved for players in a similar position to Dan.

All-in-all, I'd be reluctant to make solid claims to know how much compensation would be awarded such as "in fact we won't get anywhere near that at a tribunal".

right peeps I shall explain this for the last time. The Bentley deal will only go to a tribunal IF Southend United and the buying club cannot agree a deal between them!!!!!!!

56.5 A Club will only be entitled to seek a Compensation Fee for the loss of a Non Contract Player's Registration who is an Under 24 Player if such Club has made the Player a written offer of terms to become a Contract Player prior to the expiration of the Registration or for other reasons satisfactory to the Board. The amount of such Compensation Fee shall be agreed between the two Clubs concerned or in default of such agreement should be determined by the Professional Football Compensation Committee on the application of either of such Clubs.
Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx#O4LbuqYE91lqV1lU.99

right peeps I shall explain this for the last time. The Bentley deal will only go to a tribunal IF Southend United and the buying club cannot agree a deal between them!!!!!!!

And there's not a hope in hell of a deal being agreed by the clubs.

Club X: "We'll give you £150k seeing as he's out of contract."

SUFC: "We want £1.5m."

Cue tribunal.

Whoever did must have told the players,

"right lads we are against Crewe "Real Madrid" Alex,let then have the ball and allow them to do triangles and give and goes,applaud their movement and be dazzled by their play,just pray boys we can keep them out and nick one at the other end"

Just like last Tuesday then!

I realise its pretty early to speculate as we are still an outside chance of featuring in the playoffs, but i for one dont believe we will dropping 5 points out of 6 at home to two lower teams ,says to me that the squad have been over performing,anyway my question is what do you people believe we will need next season to become a major force in this division, i believe PB will still be at the helm so with theunderstanding that he is ,who apart from Bntley will depart and what do we need to be a force.Im always interested in hearing peoples views on this as has much as i wish i could see my team play week in week out its impossible from where i live.

I know its not the main thread of the post, but quite a few posts on different threads are saying that becasue we dropped 5 points out of 6 to two lower league teams it demonstrates tht the squad had been overperforming in other matches.

My answer to that is poppycock !

it demonstrates that we were crap in two matches and played well below the standard we are capable off. If we are punching above our weight god help us when we start performing at our own level

I think the conclusion of that adds weight to Brown was a great choice to replace Sturrock. Big wages spent by Sturrock and no promotion. PB trims it down and gains promotion. There is no way we have played anywhere near as poor as the week Sturrock managed to string this set of results against at the time poor league 2 sides

Those matches were really poor, but as they were in the midst of our worst injury crisis I can remember at the club that's hardly surprising. It was more like an episode of casualty than football. There was no continuity: anyone half fit was press-ganged into action, players were rushed back without reserve team football to knock the rust off and we then made the numbers up with loanees (when we could - as we were under various transfer embargoes). Whilst injuries to ageing players like Phillips and Barker were predictable (and Eastwood, Corr and Leonard were always struggling for fitness), the injuries to Timlin, Tomlin, Laird etc less so. I think we had something like 8 centre-half combinations in 12 matches which is ridiculous. We were headed for the play-offs until injuries struck - this despite having lost our two best players probably our two best players in late August to pay off debt and not been allowed to replace them for months. Those three matches were representative of the chaos PS faced rather than the job he did.

ps Not sure where you get the "trim it down" from, but Companies House shows there was both an increase in "playing, training and coaching staff" and a 9% increase in wages in Brown's first season compared to Sturrock's last season.

to go back to the original topic

for me i'll trust Brown's judgement on the keeper. I'd like Smith to get a go towards the end of this season and at the start of next season but we'll need an experienced head as well.

we defo need another centre half. Barrett has been good recently and can maybe do another season but can we rely on him holding his own at this time next year? I think we need a left sided centre back but i'd like Bolger and Thompson to get a run together.

the full backs currently are alright for this level but White and O'Neill are not much better than alright. Coker has had patches but, if he stays, if solid enough at this level.

In midfield we have so many options we defo need to trim down.

for me Hurst goes, Worrall ideally stays as does Leonard, Timlin, Wordsworth and McLaughlin.
Atkinson I can take or leave, Deegan hasn't nailed down a place. McQueen looks good so keep if we can. Kamara needs more time to assess probably.

Weston can go for me, doesn't do enough so can be allowed to leave.

Payne cannot be allowed to leave.

Barnett signs and stays. Hunt looked great early but has really faded and could be allowed to leave if he doesn't recapture his form.
Mooney for me isn't used right but if he's on a 2 year deal he can stay.

so we need a keeper, centre back and a striker assuming that Bridge is allowed to step up into the first team squad

A different manager next season would help if we want to see better football consistently.
Brown managed to scrape a promotion from Pigotts sublime goal, but the strength of the squad and the foundations were set by Sturrock.
An analogy with the premier league suggests we are a Tony Pulis side, often awful to watch, a dearth of goals, win the odd game won but rarely with style.
Brown, a few games into his reign, at Wembley with Straker and Mohsni in strange positions, showed that he struggles to set a side up to win games and he appears incapable of knowing his best team.
So, for me, a new manager is what is needed.

Brown got us promoted and we are a top half of the table side in our first season back at this level, that sounds pretty good to me! We are a skint club who play at a dire stadium, to expect someone else to come along and do better than this is pretty delusional.

Brown got us promoted and we are a top half of the table side in our first season back at this level, that sounds pretty good to me! We are a skint club who play at a dire stadium, to expect someone else to come along and do better than this is pretty delusional.
I respect your opinion, but no need to call people delusional. There are a number on here who agree with me, and I doubt they are delusional, as you describe.
No need for insults or slurs on Shrimperzone.

Back