• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think we can all agree it has been a good season .......... and that has been against a background of quite a bit of turmoil such as players being long term injured, players getting the strop (Prosser and Bolger) and post match "lock ins" for instance ............ and we had a slow start and took a little time to adapt to the game in this division ............... through to all the speculation about Browny boy and Bolton.

Overall, I'm a little disappointed with average gates of 7,000 though. One thing for certain is that the league will have more southern teams in it next season.

I know its boring but the Stadium thing is going to become a major problem within a couple of years if nothing happens with FF soon, and is going to seriously stunt our chances of making progress as a club. The lack of any money being spent on RH is becoming painfully obvious, it really is decrepid now. God knows what's happening behind the scenes but if FF is in doubt again then its time for a plan B otherwise trying to attract decent players or new fans is just going to get harder. Sorry for the negativity!

The uncertainty for next season revolves around the manager. He's likely to go and, I suspect, take a couple with him. In addition to that we have a fairly large and settled squad that any manager coming in is likely to want to shake up quite a bit - if / when Brown goes I see large changes on the playing staff. As such it will very much depend on who the chairman appoints - get a good manager with an eye for a player and we'll be fine - get a bad one who brings in a load of dross and we'll be fighting a loser.

There has been no news regarding the stadium in ages. Seems strange that after being so positive about British Land being on board it's gone so quiet.

I'm pretty sure at the exhibition thing, the people there stated that the new plans had to be submitted by Easter otherwise this would cause a long delay. I cant remember the reason why I'm sure it was on one of the threads on here around the time of the exhibition.

I think we can all agree it has been a good season .......... and that has been against a background of quite a bit of turmoil such as players being long term injured, players getting the strop (Prosser and Bolger) and post match "lock ins" for instance ............ and we had a slow start and took a little time to adapt to the game in this division ............... through to all the speculation about Browny boy and Bolton.

Overall, I'm a little disappointed with average gates of 7,000 though. One thing for certain is that the league will have more southern teams in it next season.

Hmm, I think we've had a decent run with injuries this year. No broken legs, no injury crises where whoever's standing plays. Losing Lenny was a big blow and Coker had a spell out - and that's unfortunate as they're probably our two most important players - but you're never going to go a whole season without injury, particularly when you've got a fair splattering of over 30s.

Hmm, I think we've had a decent run with injuries this year. No broken legs, no injury crises where whoever's standing plays. Losing Lenny was a big blow and Coker had a spell out - and that's unfortunate as they're probably our two most important players - but you're never going to go a whole season without injury, particularly when you've got a fair splattering of over 30s.

Barrett was out after scoring at Gillingham, White has been out and so has Weston for some time. McLaughlin has been missing for periods and now Worrall is as well. Before that Timlin was also injured and Wordsworth now I come to think of it. And Hurst was out for a while I think. Thompson didn't start the season because of his injury and Hunt was called a "crock" straight after the Crewe away match. Even Barnett has missed at least 1 game with a back injury.

So that is most of the defence, almost all the midfield and our strike force that has been out ....... and the list above is just off the top of my head ................. :'(

Barrett was out after scoring at Gillingham, White has been out and so has Weston for some time. McLaughlin has been missing for periods and now Worrall is as well. Before that Timlin was also injured and Wordsworth now I come to think of it. And Hurst was out for a while I think. Thompson didn't start the season because of his injury and Hunt was called a "crock" straight after the Crewe away match. Even Barnett has missed at least 1 game with a back injury.

So that is most of the defence, almost all the midfield and our strike force that has been out ....... and the list above is just off the top of my head ................. :'(

How much better could the season have been, how many more goals could we have got if only Mooney had been injured for most of it?:raspberry:

The following will be out of contract in the summer:

Dan Bentley
Paul Smith (player-coach)
Luke Prosser (on loan to Northampton Town until end of the season with a view to a permanent move)
Adam Thompson (option until 2017)
Cian Bolger (option until 2017) (On loan at Bury until the end of the season)
Kevan Hurst
Jack Payne
Jack Bridge (On youth loan at Chelmsford City until end of the season)
Myles Weston
David Worrall (everything official claims it's 2017, but CP claims its 2016)
Gary Deegan (option until 2017)
Noel Hunt (option until 2017)
Tyrone Barnett (Loan until end of the season with a view to a permanent move)
Jason Williams (On youth loan at Chelmsford City until the end of the season)
Jamar Loza (Loan until end of the season with a view to a permanent move)

My guess is:
Paul Smith to stay as coach
Bentley, Prosser, Bolger, Hurst, Worrall to go
Thompson and Deegan to be extended
Payne, Bridge, Weston to sign new deals
Williams unsure, Hunt could depend on fitness but probably stay
Barnett to stay but could be difficult if there's competition
Loza could be dependent on Barnett, Hunt and Williams

Just to remind you sitting in the stand on Saturday were Lenny, Timlin, Hunt, Mooney and Worrall all players that are good enough to be in the starting eleven.

The players we bought in have had a poor season due to injuries. Hunt, Wordsworth and in particular McLaughlin. It has been the players from last season that have kept us in the top 10.

JP has improved, Lenny and Coker are always good value. Some said Barrett and White would struggle but both have shown how well they read a game and how committed they are, both are more than good enough for L1. Deegan and Atkinson have upped their game when most thought neither would feature much this season. Dare I say even Weston was much improved before his long lay-off. Just when we all thought we had seen the last of Hurst, he pops up and has two good games against very decent opposition.

I also think we will offer kamara a deal.

I think he could develop into a very good little player.

Chris Philips tweeted that a familiar face is set to return to the club.

Also says we have turned down various loans

Egan was always the better defender in my opinion. Thought he was a class act

Yes he looked strong and won his headers easily when I saw him play for Gillingham earlier in the season. Don't know what's happened since.

Yes ! A lot better central defender than anyone else we have had for a long time (possible exception = Kiernan) and by the way,his goals total for the Gills must be higher than the sum total in the same time ,of Thompson,Bolger,Barrett and (not including all the own goals!)Prosser.

Back