• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Wether we pull off the unlikely play off spot or not we have had a great season back in league 1.

Obviously we will all want to improve on this seasons finish but with the potential of losing the manager and a few key players it will be hard.

We have averaged around 7k this season which is more than respectable.

Next season it will be harder with potentially bolton charlton and Fulham coming down a division. We also have Northampton oxford and hopefully pompey or orient coming up via the play offs.

Should all lead to better gates and a more exciting season.

This league is so much better than being in the basement division.

Wether we pull off the unlikely play off spot or not we have had a great season back in league 1.

Obviously we will all want to improve on this seasons finish but with the potential of losing the manager and a few key players it will be hard.

We have averaged around 7k this season which is more than respectable.

Next season it will be harder with potentially bolton charlton and Fulham coming down a division. We also have Northampton oxford and hopefully pompey or orient coming up via the play offs.

Should all lead to better gates and a more exciting season.

This league is so much better than being in the basement division.

Don't forget MK Dons.

It will be harder next season if we loose Bentley etc. If the tables stay as they are we will have a better league for away travel but all those clubs will have a bigger budget than ours. We will be sliding another four places down the L1 income league.

It will be harder next season if we loose Bentley etc. If the tables stay as they are we will have a better league for away travel but all those clubs will have a bigger budget than ours. We will be sliding another four places down the L1 income league.

Who are the four we'll be losing?

Don't forget Burton at the top. Probably the only club above us on a similar or less budget.

Crew, Col U and Oldham have far less money than the clubs coming up.

Thanks. Knew Burton, Oldham was the one I didn't know. They're ex-Prem so I assumed they'd have the corporate hospitality set-up.

Thanks. Knew Burton, Oldham was the one I didn't know. They're ex-Prem so I assumed they'd have the corporate hospitality set-up.

They have been struggling for a while now and their attendances have dropped off. Probably still make more from their corporate than us though.

Don't see why we should panic.

I would imagine that bolton charlton and Fulham would fill the away ends out. Oxford and Northampton will bring a few. If pompey or the o's come up it will be another great couple of gates.

I think next year could see us sell out more which means better revenue.

We are more than competing with bradford coventry and Sheffield utd so why should the others be feared?

No reason why we can't have a real go at the top 6 again.

Not saying we shouldn't have a go. But whoever is manager, it will be harder next season to achieve atop 6.

Yes we could sell out the North bank to Fulham but they could take even more fans to Oxford, who will be glad to let them spend some money while their in the stadium.

A very interesting summer coming up for our beloved SUFC. Maybe even a season of transition if there is a new manager. I really hope Payne does stay. From all accounts Jack bridge is tipped for good things and I would like to see him alongside Lenny next year.
is smith ready to take over from Bentley? I imagine he will be the one who gets the number 1 shirt.
Ultimately the clubs growth will be always be stunted until a new stadium is built.....i just don't think Ron can deliver it now.

A very interesting summer coming up for our beloved SUFC. Maybe even a season of transition if there is a new manager. I really hope Payne does stay. From all accounts Jack bridge is tipped for good things and I would like to see him alongside Lenny next year.
is smith ready to take over from Bentley? I imagine he will be the one who gets the number 1 shirt.
Ultimately the clubs growth will be always be stunted until a new stadium is built.....i just don't think Ron can deliver it now.

There has been no news regarding the stadium in ages. Seems strange that after being so positive about British Land being on board it's gone so quiet.

For Smith the younger to take over between the sticks, then first Bentley needs to move to another club. I have no doubts on his shot stopping ability, his reflexes are dynamite, but the other aspects of his game still need some consistency. He might not get anyone up for buying him just yet. Suits me if that happens. Lenny, on the other hand, could be one of the summer moves out with Payne and/or Coker following.

Sorry to disappoint but Fulham will not be playing in Division 1 next season.:nope:

A Barna prediction is almost as good as a guarantee, which is great news for me as I'll finally be able to tick off Craven Cottage - providing we don't somehow get promoted!

With the current squad we have, I can see us doing well next season, but if we do lose Bentley and other key players, I will be slightly worried.
I suppose you see it a little - A promoted team play well the first season and then slowly slip down the next season or a couple after that (Swansea, Reading in the prem, Fulham as well).
It should be an exciting season nonetheless if the teams that could come up atm do.

Back