• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next season's away games - what are you looking forward to?

ThurrockShrimper

The hardest working man in showbusiness
Afternoon All,

I must say, Ipswich for me looks like it will be a good day out,

not too far for most of us,

Is there anyone you are looking forward to in particular?

Wycombe away. I always go with my Wycombe-supporting best mate; delighted to be able to again next year

I have a similar sort of thing with my Tranmere pal. developed a bit of a soft spot for them over the years. I was there on Saturday at Wembley!

Pompey for me...a mere 45 mins away...classic old ground (some would say well past it's sell-by date),, easy to generate noise with a decent following...:Thumbs up:

Pompey for me...a mere 45 mins away...classic old ground (some would say well past it's sell-by date),, easy to generate noise with a decent following...:Thumbs up:
Gutted I missed Pompey last season, and Sunderland, both games took place when I was either abroad or massively skint coming back from holiday!

Not done many away games last few seasons but will do Ipswich and probably a few other away games that aren't to far away

Ipswich the stand out. Sincil Bank is a nice day out and a ground with character.

Ipswich, MK Dons, Peterborough and Lincoln.

Haven’t done the last two but got family and friends who support the first two.

With the departure of Charlton (my favourite away ground) it will definitely be Ipswich. Haven't been there since 1987 in the League Cup. Probably Portsmouth as we missed it last time and Lincoln or Wimbledon.

Afternoon All,

I must say, Ipswich for me looks like it will be a good day out,

not too far for most of us,

Is there anyone you are looking forward to in particular?
Lincoln and Ipswich are the only new grounds for me so hopefully no Tuesday night nonsense on them. Probably then do the big ground day tripper thing at Sunderland, Bolton, Portsmouth. The likes of Accrington I like to do for the first time but don't have a big passion to return, see how the fixtures pan out I guess.

Nice avatar.

Bolton, the only one missing this season. Wimbledon and Wycombe as they awe local to me. Not fussed about the others. Ipswich was a rip off last time. I have no doubt it will be £30 a ticket...

Bolton, the only one missing this season. Wimbledon and Wycombe as they awe local to me. Not fussed about the others. Ipswich was a rip off last time. I have no doubt it will be £30 a ticket...
Not if you're a mature specimin like me (I hope).:Winking:

Of the new L1 arrivals...
Ipswich
Lincoln

Would also like to try to get to Blackpool and / or Sunderland next season

Hoping to do a few weekenders next season. Never been to Tranmere so hopefully a few nights in Liverpool and the likes of Sunderland.

Haven't been to Ipswich for years nor Lincoln. Although we did stay in Lincoln 2 seasons ago when we played Scunny. The town has changed dramatically so worth a least a night out if you can wangle it......Look up Brayford Waterfront.....Who knew they had a harbour ?

Hoping to do a few weekenders next season. Never been to Tranmere so hopefully a few nights in Liverpool and the likes of Sunderland.

Haven't been to Ipswich for years nor Lincoln. Although we did stay in Lincoln 2 seasons ago when we played Scunny. The town has changed dramatically so worth a least a night out if you can wangle it......Look up Brayford Waterfront.....Who knew they had a harbour ?

Liverpool supposed to be a good night out these days though for a city supposedly full of comedians I’ve always found scousers rather humourless unless they're laughing at you. When the joke is on them it’s total victim mode.

Last edited:

IIRC last time I went to Ipswich was way back in 91... We were still well into the rave scene back then, and went to a club afterwards after a tip
that it was ‘kicking’ - turns out that no one in Ipswich had heard of Hardcore or even Acid House and we seemed to have stepped back into 1981... It was like a time warp, nearly got into a fight over a couple of dodgy birds too !

Thems (sic) were the days! :Smile:

Back